WHAT MORPHE?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
What were its parents? It's easier to tell with a picture of the whole gecko from above. I'm not an expert with enigmas, but it does look like one. It may also possibly be a Mack snow. If you're breeding leopard geckos it's pretty important to know the genetics of the parents, the possible outcomes of the offspring, and to be familiar with terms like dominant, recessive, line bred/polygenetic and co-dominant (I'm not saying you don't know those things, but you did ask a very open ended question that didn't seem to indicate knowledge).

Aliza

AnimalLover101

Does anyone know what morph this gecko looks like? Her names Calypso. I adopted her a month ago. I think she's a mack snow mix but not that good on morphs. She has snake eyes.

Attachments

• IMG_20200412_170242.jpg
    IMG_20200412_170242.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
To the original poster: If one of the parents is an enigma, I definitely think the hatchling is as well. The super hypo tremper albino parent: I'm assuming what looks like black spots on the tail are not really black, right? Otherwise it would not be an albino. If both parents are truly albino, then this one is as well. I'm not familiar enough with W&Y to know if the hatchling is one or not. I have hatched possible Mack snows that had a very faint yellowing even on hatching. Some of them I wasn't sure about because of that. That's the best I can do.

Aliza

Visit our friends