what to do if a gecko isnt pooping

mouso1415

my gecko is about a yr old and she has been eating a lot but hasnt pooped in 5 days the temps are right but my mom switched the hides around i told her switch them back around is there anything else i could do that can make her poop

G

gekko.gurl

My gecko's seem to go by scent. So if you're mom cleaned out the cage maybe it'll take a few for the gecko to find it's "spot" again. Other then that, if you don't have them on sand, I wouldn't worry about impaction. I know when my beardies/snakes/tortoise have to crap, they'll soak in water and go in there. I would say maybe try that with your gecko? I've never had to do that but maybe it's just a lil backed up? I also believe either on this site, or if you do a search on google, you can get a mash of food to syringe feed to your gecko to help to get them to have a movement. The vets out here will give you the recipe if they suspect that your pet may have worms. It's kind of like a xlax for reptiles.

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
I've had this problem recently myself.. some people give their gecko warm soaks to help them relax, which can help, but hasn't worked for me. What I've done is put some water in a syringe and hand fed a considerable amount of water to the gecko (basically whatever they'll let me give them, I just keep giving them drops of water until they stop licking it up, which can be anywhere from 1-2 cc). The extra hydration seems to help pretty good.. for whatever reason they aren't pooping, it softens it up enough for them to want to go. Hope this helps.

VampyricAngelX

Well personally, warm soaks and belly rubs helped out quite a bit when Dante was backed up. I guess it just depends on the gecko. Good luck with yours

Palor

Chaotic Nights Reptile
I had a new gecko who wasn't pooping, and I put a bit of poo from another gecko, wrapped in paper towel in one section of the cage and that worked. She pooped right over the other poo.

Visit our friends