Whats a good mating partner?

kingkung

Hi, I currently have a male super giant raptor and looking for a female for him to mate with. I like the way the solar flare morphs look, but I'm not sure how the outcome will be in the offspring. Has anyone tried mating these 2 morphs? What other options would be good to pair with a raptor?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have no idea what a solar flare leopard gecko is in terms of its genetics. Until you find out (if you don't know already), there's no point in contemplating it.
What I do know is that the male you have possesses the following genetics:
giant (co-dominant)
Tremper albino (recessive)
eclipse (recessive)
stripe (genetic type not really known, but seems to breed true fairly often in my experience)

In order to get something interesting, you will need to find a female that possesses at least some of the genetic components listed above. I feel pretty strongly that anyone who wants to breed should be able to figure out the genetic possibilities since they should have a good understanding of what dominant, recessive, co-dominant and line bred mean and how that plays out.
It's likely that "solar flare" includes some kind of orange coloring. If so, it's also likely that breeding anything not tangerine to a solar flare will result in a range of offspring on the orange scale, but probably none as orange as the original.
I hope that's helpful, and I encourage you to look at the genetic possibilities and figure out what you want to produce and what you need to get in order to produce it.

Aliza

kingkung

Ok, I'm sorry, I will watch some videos on leopard gecko genetics. Thanks for the info though. The website I saw the solar flare on describes the genetics of it as based on 100% Tremper Bloodlines. looks like its a cross between a Sunglow X Extreme Emerine and line bred over several seasons. Ultimately I want a Raptor with orange spots.

Last edited:

Visit our friends