What's this lump?

micolperu317

Hello,
My 2 year old female leopard gecko has a lump under her mouth. I noticed she has been eating less and hasn't been eating all her skin that she sheds. Her tail is getting thinner. Yesterday I bought some crickets and she devoured them! Has anyone ever gone through this? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jenny
e83fd4d252f88b7fc3feaa6d8c37e3c0.jpg
0cc6b0247c92ee0b42e1b9cb6d3e01b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

321ttocs

I hope its not a spider bite, you should very gently clean it for her use a anti bacterial chemical that wont harm the Leo's skin and make sure to slightly dilute the chemical to do less harm. Just to be on the safe side, can you show a closer picture? And is there super small puncture wounds or is it just swelling?

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Eyepatchtan

My leo once had a very small lump on it's eye lid area. I'd wait one more shed, and if that lump doesn't ooze out or anything I'd recommend visiting a vet. If that's not an option financially, I say you should look up this topic a bit more for at most a month and if nothing helps, a vet's really going to be the best option.

My gecko's lump ended up being a cyst that bled and was never seen again after a shed, this could just be a larger form of a cyst. Anyhow, good luck, and I'm sure when the more experienced forum members wake up, you'll get a bit closer to the meaning of this.

Visit our friends