what's wrong with the egg? is this normal?

luc

hi guys,

just would like to share a picture of my gecko egg.......this is my first time breeding gecko and i'm using vermiculite for the incubation...as what you can see from the pic, the egg seems brownish.....what happen to this egg basically?..slug? normal? too humid?..too dry?......whats my water ratio on the verm?

i squeezed the water out of vermiculite before placing the eggs.....i dun have any scale for me to do the water verm ratio.....

here's the picture

test.jpg

thank you

regards
luc

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It looks as if it is either infertile or the baby has died. I can't comment on your moisture because I don't use vermiculite. I would recommend keeping the egg in there until it either molds or hatches. It does happen sometimes that an egg that looks awful actually hatches.

Aliza

Khrysty

It looks as if it is either infertile or the baby has died. I can't comment on your moisture because I don't use vermiculite. I would recommend keeping the egg in there until it either molds or hatches. It does happen sometimes that an egg that looks awful actually hatches.

Aliza

+1. I'd also like to add that if it starts to smell really horribly, it might be time to toss the egg as well

luc

it doesnt smell that terrible, but a slight smell, maybe from the marker pen itself, im not sure..its not SMELLY but smells something like....marker pen ink but with a funny smell...those kinda smell....

thanks for the info..

mariex4

you threw it ,i know the poor thing might be bloody dead but my word why not just put it in waste bin , how would u like to be thrown if dead

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
you threw it ,i know the poor thing might be bloody dead but my word why not just put it in waste bin , how would u like to be thrown if dead

I would hope someone doesn't throw eggs out windows, but slugs are infertile eggs (no embryo).

Visit our friends