What's your favorite?

goReptiles

I'm thinking about moving into Australian geckos.

What's you're favorite in terms of appearance, husbandry, personality, and breedability (if that's a word)?

Valley Reptiles

I have 3-4 favorites, it's hard to pick just one:)
D.galeatus
D.steindachneri
D. dameaus
S. Williamsi

These are all easy to care for and are suppose to be easy to breed. I have a pair of S.williamsi now and they are really fun. i have had them for a little more than a month and the female is getting really fat so i think she's gravid.

Also like the U.milii

malt_geckos

Don't Say It's Impossible
We have the u millii and I recommend it as a starter knobtail. They are pretty easy to care for and are cool to watch at night. We are planning on breeding N wheeleri as well and I don't have a pair yet but plan on getting them this summer.

liljenn

Thanks, Whitney, for opening this thread. I am looking at possibly getting into Australian geckos too and have the same questions. Looking forward to some more responses! :)

Zbiz

T.A.I.L. REPTILES
Milii all the way! Pretty easy care, active and gorgeous! They dont hide as much as levis and they get pretty use to you. Also who doesnt love that little bark they do!

Haroldo

I currently keep 6 "aussie" species, 7 if you include forms. Here's my top 3 of the ones I have at the moment:

1. Underwoodisaurus milli (eastern form)
2. Oedura marmorata (eastern form)
3. Diplodactylus tesselatus and Nephrurus levis levis tied for third...

K

Kevin McRae

U. milii are awesome geckos! Inexpensive and I think they are one of the neatest looking "knobtail".

warren63

Milii definetly a big favourite especially too they were my introduction to geckos. Woo Hoo just recently got 2 hatchlings, mine started very late in the season, but good practice till next year. Have attached a pic of my babies
next would be Odeura, they are all worthy selections

Visit our friends