When to introduce

AmyChris

I have a male (Stan) who is about 65 grams in a 20 long with plants and two hides on the heat pad side and 2 on the cool side (his fave being the reptile rock). I also have a female (Leah) who is 33 grams and in her own tank cuz she was only 14 grams when I got her. She eats about a dozen crickets a day some being gut loaded. He eats a dozen crickets in a can every other day cuz he wont eat the live. My quetion is at what weight should she be for her to go in with him? I looked online but sites are saying differnt things so I thought my best bet would be to ask here.

Thank you
AmyChris

AmyChris

Ok thanks. I thought about 45g and thats what I was gonna wait till but didnt know about her having to ovulate first so thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
As Alex said, ideal breeding weight is 40g-45g. I've bred anywhere from 35g-55g. You can do that, but only if you're an experienced breeder and can bounce a female back quickly. When breeding below 40g, sometimes the females do very poorly. I've only see it once, but I was able to bounce that female back.

Visit our friends