Where Did All the Pythons Go???

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
I had seen that one. Have my suspicions about the guy in the Python Posse shirt, but then again, I'm a conspiracy nut, so no surprise.

There was an article recently published that was amusing:
http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/03/1561295/big-chill-proves-python-catchers.html

A quote from the article:
"A biologist in Everglades National Park has even tried to train a beagle to sniff out the huge constrictors, without much luck."

Seriously? Ya gotta wonder how many beagles it took to have that revelation...:main_rolleyes:

Ga_herps

Southern leo breeder
Dogs could feasibly be used for such a task. I do believe they use beagles to sniff out brown snakes in Guam's airport. I think the big task for this to even work though is a whole lot of species specific training. We have a chihuahua here that is one heck of a snake finder. Luckily she is not finding any of the venomous around here yet.

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
A quote from the article:
"A biologist in Everglades National Park has even tried to train a beagle to sniff out the huge constrictors, without much luck."

Seriously? Ya gotta wonder how many beagles it took to have that revelation...:main_rolleyes:

Is that what they mean by "Scooby Snack"? :main_laugh:

fl_orchidslave

In NE Florida we had very few days that it stayed below 55, and the overall coldest month was Dec. My horned lizard didn't even get to hibernate because it didn't get cold enough this winter :( But last year it was wicked cold for Fla. which killed off the bulk of the "homeless" pythons and many in captivity that lived in outdoor enclosures.

Last edited:

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
Gee there's a shocker, it was too cold for the Burms... so they died. And they will spread far into the north right? Oh we should all be afraid... very afraid! Certainly if the Florida winters kill them they will THRIVE further north right? I hate fear mongering politicians...:furious3:

Visit our friends