Where to buy Vivarium Supplies and alike?

LzzrdBoy

The Reverend LzzrdBoy
I've been doing quite a bit of online shopping lately (Thanks to the IRS) and have noticed that most of the well-known brands (Exo, Eco, Zoo Med, etc.) are available just about everywhere (Amazon, Reptmart, BigAppleHerp, etc.). I've also noticed some significant differences in price between the different retailers. That said, I was thinking a post here might bring in some insight from fellow-members regarding their favorite (low-cost) online sources for vivarium substrates, structures, food and water bowls, decor, etc. I've done some basic searching around the site but it seems my keywords simply aren't doing the trick.

Thanks for the input in advance!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
My best sources are:
--reptile shows
--craigslist

For some items I go to the basic stores (lllreptile, herpsupplies, bigappleherp, etc), then make a chart of how much the item(s) cost and what the shipping is. Then I buy the best package.

Aliza

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
My best sources are:
--reptile shows
--craigslist

For some items I go to the basic stores (lllreptile, herpsupplies, bigappleherp, etc), then make a chart of how much the item(s) cost and what the shipping is. Then I buy the best package.

Aliza

OMG. I do the same thing, lol. I have shopping carts filled everywhere! The only problem is...sometimes they don't all carry the same stuff...so I rotate;)

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
Oh...my best places are petmountain.com, reptilesupply.com, and herpsupply.com. Depending on what my needs are, who sent me the coupon or free shipping offer, etc.

LzzrdBoy

The Reverend LzzrdBoy
Thanks to you all for your input. I'll take a look at your suggestions and see where I can get the best deal...

Here's a short list of the items I'm looking to get for the new Viv:
  • Light/Hood Fixture
  • Medium-size UTH / Heat Tape
  • 3 Bricks Eco-Earth or similar
  • Brown/Red (if possible) Repti-carpet
  • "Night" Light (blue vs. red)
  • Continuous-flow water bowl
  • Thermostat
...to name a few

Thanks again folks!

Visit our friends