White Spot

Geckomaster743

Today i took Achillies out because he was having another of his Usual panic attacks. When i held him i noticed a White Spot on his back that wasn't there before. I stroked his skin notching it was sort of soft in areas where his color is different. For example. His body is like this dull Yellow but when i touch a Black,Brown or white Spot they feel sort of Soft more Slightly mushy. Any way your gecko has those Rounded Spikes on the backs sort of like Dots. When he had a White dot that look like it was Shed but it wasn't it was like Dead. A Dead white Scale on his back. What could that mean. Is he older then i think?

Geckomaster743

It was really hard to get a photo but.... If u look near the black spot in the far back 2 spots away from that theres a white spot.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Hard to tell from your photo - is it like an abscess? Is it possible there could have been a parasite there or something before?

Rylee

3 Year Member
I don't see it... could you maybe use a photo editor and circle it or something?

Geckomaster743

Sure i'll try and Edit it. Its like a Dead Scale. Really white like the ones on his Tail. Not sure if the Cam could capture it.

Geckomaster743

Akyllys.png
Today i took Achillies out because he was having another of his Usual panic attacks. When i held him i noticed a White Spot on his back that wasn't there before. I stroked his skin notching it was sort of soft in areas where his color is different. For example. His body is like this dull Yellow but when i touch a Black,Brown or white Spot they feel sort of Soft more Slightly mushy. Any way your gecko has those Rounded Spikes on the backs sort of like Dots. When he had a White dot that look like it was Shed but it wasn't it was like Dead. A Dead white Scale on his back. What could that mean. Is he older then i think?

Apocalypse910

3 Year Member
Can't tell from the picture but if it is mushy it is probably more than just a bad shed. One thing that comes to mind as a possibility is a burn from UV lighting. Leos don't really need UV, it isn't necessarily harmful but more powerful lights can cause very bad burns. It could also be a parasite, skin infection, or just an odd patch of skin that will resolve with the next shed. Is it fluid filled like a blister?

Keep us posted, and keep a close eye on it to see if it changes.

Geckomaster743

He hasn't been using Night lights in a while, He uses a Basking Light which some times can get very hot and be very bright. Originally i tried to push down on it ( Gently ) To feel its texture and see what it probably is. I doubt its a Parasite but its healing what ever it is.

Visit our friends