Who Didn't Celebrate Christmas?

Do you celebrate Christmas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reptinut

Christmas is a strange time of year for me, being jewish and all. All the stores are closed, there's no on in town, no where to go. I was just curious, who else has simular experience?

Riyo

Pet Human
Well, I'm not Christian but I still celebrate it with my family. I got to go home and see them, which is not something I get to do often. :)

Even though I am an Atheist I can still get into the holiday season and just enjoy being able to be with my family and be festive.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
I celebrate with my family when we can, but on the years we can't all get together I'm not really into it, it's just a boring day where there is nothing to do. :main_rolleyes:

Friedbread

Half my family is Jewish, although I don't identify entirely with any religion. It gets old having to tell people my birthday is December 26th and then explain that, "No, I don't get double presents for Christmas."

robin

well i certainly do not celebrate it but i attend my family gatherings and eat and get presents. i do not put up decorations or a tree or get all festive and stuff, as far as i am concerned it's just another day.

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
Well, I'm not Christian but I still celebrate it with my family. I got to go home and see them, which is not something I get to do often. :)

Even though I am an Atheist I can still get into the holiday season and just enjoy being able to be with my family and be festive.

I totally do and feel the same! lol. I am an atheist, but I still get festive! I just dont celebrate it in a Christian way... Just a Christmas way =] Lots of decorations, a tree, presents, gatherings, dinner! woohoo! Its fun for me and my family =]

This year, my family was really hurting due to economic issues, so I made sure to get extra nice presents for them to cheer them up. I felt very good.

erik

Gecko Newbie
Here in Holland the whole family get together usually used to happen around St Nicholas (Dec 5) so we had Christmas set apart for the real christian holiday (when it comes to the people who celebrate that)

Lately Christmas is gaining on St Nicholas and Santa Claus (who was derived from St Nicholas) has made his way into Holland.

Most christians (including me) in the Netherlands will still do the whole presents thing on Dec 5 and have Christmas to share with family and remember Christ's birth.

However, I spent the last days in Amsterdam with friends and will be flying to Northern Ireland in two hours so I had to be near the airport :)

LizMarie

While I was raised Catholic there's nothing religious about the way we celebrate Christmas. We just use the day for family and friends to get together with some good food and great stories.

Actually from my understanding "Christ" wasn't born on Dec. 25th but sometime in the spring, lol. Go Figure!

herpencounter

Herpencounter.com
I totally do and feel the same! lol. I am an atheist, but I still get festive! I just dont celebrate it in a Christian way... Just a Christmas way =] Lots of decorations, a tree, presents, gatherings, dinner! woohoo! Its fun for me and my family =]

This year, my family was really hurting due to economic issues, so I made sure to get extra nice presents for them to cheer them up. I felt very good.

Its nice to hear there are other atheist around... My ENTIRE family is christian.

I celebrate Christmas every year, but I am not BIG into it lol.

ILoveGeckos14

I remember coming downstairs to see that Santa had eaten the cookies we left for him and his reindeer had eaten the carrots and being so excited LOL

Holly12

I celebrate Christmas with my mom she is all I have I live with her and I was allso brought up catholic and well you had to celebrate Christmas cuz thats the day Jesus was born thats the church said :rolleyes.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm Jewish and have been telling my patients that Jewish people on Christmas go out for Chinese food and to the movies. Since Christmas day was Friday this year and Sabbath starts early, I had a relaxing day cleaning out my hatchling rack and taking one of my 16 year old sons for a driving lesson, which I did survive.

Aliza

ReptarNDukeNukem

Gecko Newbie
I consider myself and Atheist but when I do grow up I would like to raise my children up as Catholics but not hard core Catholics like the some you see in Reality TV IE Wife Swap then later in their lives they can chose their religion.
Christmas is the only Religious Holiday I really celebrate.

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
And miss a chance to spend a day with all four of my kids, my grandsons, my husband, my mother and all of the "rental" kids that have called me "Mom" over the years?
Not on your life. :smitten:

I only get one chance a year to be blessed with all the generations under my roof. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
And miss a chance to spend a day with all four of my kids, my grandsons, my husband, my mother and all of the "rental" kids that have called me "Mom" over the years?
Not on your life. :smitten:

I only get one chance a year to be blessed with all the generations under my roof. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Awe! That is so sweet =]

Visit our friends