Winer frolic

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
Alright, it should read "Winter Frolic".

What do you when you get massive snowstorms back to back? Well, here in sunny NH, we make a back yard luge run. The whole thing is about 100 ft long with a jump about 75% of the way down.

Here is a pic of me yesterday "gettin' my sled on". Special thanks to my photographically inclined wife for capturing the moment. And yeah, that IS a tad small for me-

sleddin.jpg

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Around me it's more like "whiner" frolic than "winter" frolic. I know someone who decided to build an actual luge track in his back yard one year (he lives in CT). His son just started competing in Europe with the junior team this month. Be careful what seeds you sow . . .

Aliza

Bbugs

Animal Addict
I love snowing, but I hate that huge climb up! I have asthma so I don't go sledding often lol

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
No, but I have been thinking about how to make it go faster... :)

The beautiful thing about a heavy snow winter is that it's worth it to make one of these, and it'll be around for a very long time. In fact, I've got a good 8" to go move off the track and slick it back down with. I'd better get busy...

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
To really luge properly, you should be lying on your back. That will make the sled go faster. Also, colder temps cause the speed to increase. Have fun (my son was on the junior national development luge team for a few years so I learned a lot).

Aliza

Visit our friends