Woah...anyone else see this?

JordanAng420

Yeah, I saw an ad for this dragon on another forum. The person intends on breeding this dragon, and encourages his buyer to breed it as well.

Personally, I would never encourage breeding of this animal. But, to each his own I guess.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
It's really neat as a collection animal or something for a zoo or school. Not so much as a breeder, IMO. I and I think most others would be really hesitant to pay that much for anything that's basically hand fed, very young, and stressed out after shipping. That just spells disaster with an already fragile animal.

Stl_Greaser

I agree with you all that this person should not ask that much for a beardie who has a genetic mutation and also to ask someone to breed the beardie is terrible whats the purpose of it? I isn't like he beardie has the most vibrant color ever and would go to waste if it was just a pet.

http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79821 This is the Zak n Wheezie pair that Brian is talking about.

I don't think he is asking too much, did you ever see the amount offered by Ripleys believe it or not for Zak n Wheezie? I can't remember the amount but it was huge! Like 15 or 20 thousand dollars! I agree it should not be bred but even though it probably has a completely normal strain of DNA. It is more likely a conjoined twin rather than something actually genetic. It would most likely produce all normal babies.

PetVet

I'm sure it would yield normal offspring just fine but don't most two-headed critters die at a younger age? I wouldn't want to risk putting all the stress on it just to yield some offpsring. I gotta agree with Mel. It would be a neat collection piece for sure but I wouldn't want to be putting any added stress on it...personally anyway.

Landen

LSReptiles
I don't think he's asking too much... it's got two heads !! As far as breeding it... if it's healthy why not allow it to follow it's instincts and breed? If it's healthy and thriving ... we all have our own opinions though...

TheWolfmanTom

Z&W are the oldest living 2 headed dragon. The top amount offered to Barb was in the area of 75 to 80 thousand. I know what she has had to go thru to get the boys to this stage, and the thought of a 2 headed animal trying to breed make me shake my head. Each head works on its own accord. So theres no way a 2 headed hormonal dragon will be able to breed. It would fight with itself as competion.

JordanAng420

As far as breeding it... if it's healthy why not allow it to follow it's instincts and breed? If it's healthy and thriving ..

Here's my thoughts..
Just because something is CAPABLE of producing offspring, does that mean it should?

Let's get a little bit deeper into the ethical debate.
Should a couple infected with HIV have a biological child KNOWING that child might carry the disease itself? Hmmm....

PetVet

I'm sure if someone was even actually able to get the two-headed dragon to breed and assume it lives through the stress and all...it would only be to sell the offspring at a much higher price because it came from a two-header....which IMO...also isn't right.

Leomyster

New Leo Lover
I fully agree with Maia, even though the animal maybe be capable doesn't mean it should be bred. My aunt has a bearded dragon with only one leg and she is a breeder of bearded dragons and even though Ilene(bearded dragon) is capable of being breed their are certain morals that one needs to abide by IMO

Also you do bring up a good point Bari I would hate to see how much someone would charge for one of those babies O.O

Stl_Greaser

Z&W are the oldest living 2 headed dragon. The top amount offered to Barb was in the area of 75 to 80 thousand. I know what she has had to go thru to get the boys to this stage, and the thought of a 2 headed animal trying to breed make me shake my head. Each head works on its own accord. So theres no way a 2 headed hormonal dragon will be able to breed. It would fight with itself as competion.

Yeah I knew it was up there, but couldn't remember how much! I knew it was a heck of a lot of money though, as you just pointed out!

Visit our friends