wont eat

geckoboy11

mt beardy wont eat hes about a year old he hasnt been eating properly for a month all he will eat is a couple of giant meal worms and the last time he had eating was about two weeks ago and it was only a couple :main_thumbsdown:

RyuuKirin

could he be brumating? Ryuu brumates from November until March/April-ish (normally, except she's been awake from about a month now)

geckoboy11

i thought mine was still in brumation but he started coming out alot more and he sitts on his basking spot alot so a dno bu thanks

LeoMerlin

I don't normally feed mine meal worms. I heard that was a very bad idea. Did yours start off with crickets and veggies? May want to change up the food routine a bit and see what the beardie likes.

I offer turnip greens, mustard greens, and crickets on a daily basis. Also has the beardie been given a bath recently? That could help too.

Sometimes when I can, I offer collard greens too. It all depends on what's at the store and how much I can get. They like butternut squash too :)

garner63080

GarnerGeckos
Check for impaction!! Beardies don't have the digestive system like a gecko so the mealworms sometimes will get impacted from the hard exoskeleton.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

coker101

mt beardy wont eat hes about a year old he hasnt been eating properly for a month all he will eat is a couple of giant meal worms and the last time he had eating was about two weeks ago and it was only a couple :main_thumbsdown:

My guess is that he is still in brumation.

Mine has not eaten much in since about November. But she is awake and will even bask once in a blue moon. But she eats no more than a worm ot two at most.

Put him in a tub of shallow (where he can still stand up and touch bottom) lukewarm water and let him sit in it for about 20 minutes. He will probably pass anything in his belly when you do this. It's important that he passes any food in his belly or it gets old and can poison him.

Has he lost weight? This is the big thing really with brumation. If he has not lost much weight and he's not eating then it's most likely brumation because that slow down their metabolism a great deal to make it through this time.

Also not all dragons will sleep 24/7 while in brumation but in most cases they slow down a great deal. Mine will sit in her hammock for days without moving sometimes but she is awake.

Anyway, good luck.

Visit our friends