Woodlice for mourning geckos?

ReptileFan

Hi, I want to get some mourning geckos soon, and I have a lot of woodlice in one of my terrariums, so would it be safe to feed them to the geckos? If so, would it be recommended to feed them to babies or wait until they're a bit bigger? Thanks in advance!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
They range in size depending on age and I'd imagine they may be kind of hard-shelled. I have these in most of my planted enclosures and the geckos in there don't ever seem interested. Also, they do tend to bury themselves. You could try, but I think crickets or roaches would be more successful as feeders.

Aliza

ReptileFan

They range in size depending on age and I'd imagine they may be kind of hard-shelled. I have these in most of my planted enclosures and the geckos in there don't ever seem interested. Also, they do tend to bury themselves. You could try, but I think crickets or roaches would be more successful as feeders.

Aliza
I heard that the shell is a good source of calcium, and I guess I could try to choose the smaller woodlice. Thank you for your advice

Visit our friends