Wormman Worm Farm - Bad Deal!

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
I have been ordering from Wormman for a few months now. All was well until my last order with them. I order 1000 Giants and 2000 Small Mealworms on 8/6/06. According to their website they should have been shipped on Monday via USPS Priority Mail, which I usually get in 2 days. And, they usually send me out an email saying that my order was shipped, I never got an email on this one.

So, I emailed them asking if my order was shipped, Wednesday night comes no email, so I called and left them a VM asking if my order was shipped and if it wasn't I wanted a refund. Thursday, I got an email saying that my Giants were shipped yesterday (Which would have been 8/9/06 and should arrive Friday) and my Small Mealworms would be shipped Friday for Monday delivery. I was ok with that.

Friday comes, no Mealworms. Monday comes, still no Mealworms, so I emailed them again, no response, emailed them again Tuesday, wanting a refund, no response, still no Mealworms.

Wednesday comes, I get my Giants, and the date on the USPS sticker says they were shipped Monday, I was told they were shipped the previous week, so that made me mad. Then I get an automated email saying my other mealworms were shipped that day (Wednesday), but they had told me that they were shipped the previous Friday.

So, I busted them in 2 lies. And still no reply from them. So I emailed them again saying that if I didn't have a refund by the morning that I would report them to Paypal. Well, morning is here and still no reply or phone call. So, I started a claim with Paypal, hopefully I will get my refund.

If anyone wants me to post emails I can, but it will be messy, they don't always reply with my emails attached.

preacherman

Gecko Genetics
Jeanne, I've also been using wormman for a while now. The last few orders have been disastrous. They fixed the problems, but it took dozens of e-mails and phone calls to get it done. I think I'm going to look for a new supplier.

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
Wormman has given me problems too. They screwed up my last few orders several times, i did get shipments... they just werent the right things i'd ordered.

I use grubco now.

G

geckogod2

wormman.com :main_thumbsdown:

i have had problems in the past with wormman.com. i got screwed right around christmas time. their cut off date was dec for orders was dec. 17th or something i submitted my order on dec. 9th . that was plenty of time for them to ship an order out, but they didn't. i called them back after the 17th i called them after the 17th and they said they could not do anything untill after january 4th or something like that and then she had the balls to say ," well you should have put your order in before the 17th" . They did ship my order on january 4th. That was the last time i dealt with them.

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
I ordered from Wormman once. That was enough for me. I don't like the smell of dead superworms.

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
Jeanne said:
Yikes! I never got my Superworms from them, and Thankful for it!

Don't be so sure... See, that was the problem with my order. I ordered mealworms and Superworms. The mealworms arrived and were so-so. I forgot that I had ordered supers as well. Anyway, about a week or so (?) later a box showed up full of dead superworms (I think there were 2000). I had to go back and check to see if I had actually ordered them.

Franks_Geckos

Leopard Gecko Addict
I got 1000 dead mealworms a few weeks ago from them when it was hot here. They shipped them without cool packs. I submitted an RMA through their site and received replacements. I had been getting my bugs from another supplier but recently switched to wormman because I had a few purchases from them in the past. Needless to say, they have some shipping issues, and I am sure I will have to switch to someone else if they botch another order, but I will probably give them another shot (when I am in a pinch) since they did resolve my RMA this past time.

L

LadyGecko

When I was ordering bugs online before i got lucky enough to have a supplier in the next town-I dealt with WormMan a few times
It was a tossup as to whether my order would be right or even arrive
I switched to Timberline right before I got access to the guy that raises bugs for all of the surrounding pet shops
OH Yeah
WM's customer service dept sucks too-it is impossible to talk to anyone there
all you get is voice mail
:main_thumbsdown:
Sandy

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
We just received our order from Wormman of 1000 crickets (almost all alive!) and 1000 mealworms (all dead). It was very hot here and they weren't cold packed. I emailed about the dead worms, we'll see if we get a response.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Mel&Keith said:
We just received our order from Wormman of 1000 crickets (almost all alive!) and 1000 mealworms (all dead). It was very hot here and they weren't cold packed. I emailed about the dead worms, we'll see if we get a response.

I hope you have better luck than I did :main_lipsrsealed:

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Thanks Jeanne. So here's one for ya-
It's gorgeous day today and I opened the front door to let some fresh air in. Much to my surprise, there's a box sitting on my porch (which almost gave me a heart attack because I'm expecting geckos tomorrow). I picked it up and checked the label as I held my breath from the incredible stench coming from it. From Worman Farms shipped 10/03. I guess they shipped my order twice but it took this one 6 days to get here so now I have more dead mealworms and 1000 dead crickets. They still haven't responded to my email.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Mel&Keith said:
They still haven't responded to my email.

Don't hold your breath! LOL

There are so many other good places to order Worms from. I would suggest NOT ordering from them again. Try Grubco or NY Worms.

G & M Geckos

Margaritaville Tour Guide
I ordered from them one time. My worms arrive live for the most part but started dieing off right away. I fed a few but when I did the next day they would be dead instead of eaten. So I pitched the whole order (5,000 worms).

M

Montezuma

Golden Gate Geckos said:
I've had nothing but horrible experiences with WormMan. I'm amazed they are still in business.
Its really not hard to be in business when you don't have any overhead except for advertising. Wormman does not raise their crickets or worms... they are nothing but a middleman which bargains for the best price with the different cricket farms. Not all of the farms they buy from are "up to snuff" when it comes to feeder quality crickets. Crickets raised for fishing are not good enough for feeders!

Visit our friends