Would you buy it?

brillobee

Glittering Geckos
There is an ad on my local classified for 2 normal aft. One stripe one granite and their set up for $200. I live in Canada, just for perspective. Would you buy them or is it too much?

Ghostoftangerine17

ヒョウモントカゲモドキ
Was there a picture? How big is the cage?

AFT go for about $60+ here in Tokyo so I guess if they're decent and the cage is in good condition and fairly large it could be a good deal. Were they housed together in one setup?

(Also, because I don't know too much about AFT, are stripe and granite their morphs?)

Fatal_S

Mel's Exotics
Given that granite is a line-bred trait, and rare in Canada, I would guess it's a normal and a stripe, both wild-type AFTs. Saying that, if they're healthy and it's a decent I see no reason not to get them.

EverEvolvingExotics

If they are healthy and you like the look of the enclosure and the general appearance of the Fat Tails is appealing go for it, post pictures when you do.

robin

Do you know if they are a pair or unsexed. If they ended being two males you might end up needing two enclosures. Just sayin

KTyne

Kayla
I'd say go for it as long as they are healthy. AFTs are rare in Canada anywhere and just a Normal Stripe is expensive. I got my Stripe for $130 but mine was imported from the States.

brillobee

Glittering Geckos
So, I went and got them. I offered $150 and she took it. I'm glad I went and got them. Not keep in a ideal set up. On wood shavings, no moist hide, no uth. She just had a regular fish canopy. Poor things. They are a pair. The stripe in the male and the female is a normal. She has some lighter patterning in her light bands. The lady said they have never bred. No doubt being kept in such conditions.

The Female
photo-31.jpg

The Male
photo-32.jpg

Their tank, before renovations.

photo-30.jpg

Visit our friends