WTH Is This!

B

BioWorkZ

That's a poor quality picture. Can't make out what it is other than gecko droppings with some random stuff scattered around it. Are those insects?

GeckoGal

GeckoGal
the hot sides to cold. try to keep it at 92-94 constantly. I keep mine at 93/94. getting a nice thermostat will keep it achieve this temperature. If she was to cold that could of caused her to regurgitate.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
Well the 95 portion of your hot side is fine but allowing the hot side to drop below 90's is too cold for them. They need the heat to help digest their food. If you can just regulate the hot side to be warmer that may help with whatever that stuff is. Try taking a picture with more light or something so it will be easier to see. No one is attacking you or saying you don't know what your doing...were just trying to help.

JordanAng420

ive got a thermostat i do no what im doing how is 84-95 to cold ? im not saying its that im just saying what its around!

Do you have a thermometer in the tank? You should be able to read the exact temp of either side any time you want. Get yourself either a digital thermometer or a temp gun. Also, if your temps are really fluctuating with that much of a difference then there's something going on with your thermostat, because that's what it's there for...to keep a constant temp. Hey, we're not insinuating you don't know what you're doing, we're giving you some suggestions, use the ones you wish and ignore the ones you don't wish to use. If you want an honest answer to your question, you have to be willing to hear some opinions too. :main_yes:

I've been keeping my geckos for a few years sucessfully with temps on the cool side from 76-78 degrees, and the hot side with temps at 93-95 degrees. Many other breeders on this site with many many years of experiance use temps similar to mine as well. IMO, your cool side is too low, and your hot side sounds too low as well.

she doent eat mealworms its the 3rd picture it was like hard graniy bits i only got him yesterday so maybe it could be sand

This is most likely the case. It's either regurg, or a small bowel movement that consisted of sand. If the animal was kept on sand before you obtained him which was only yesterday, i'd imagine that's probabbly where it came from.

MrLeoGecko

The bird Is The Word
well obviosly i cleaned it up so if theres anymore in the morning ill take some more pic's and i no but it ticks me off when people are telling me about temps and other stuff and thanks

JordanAng420

Let us know how he's doing. I have a feeling it's probabbly sand that's exiting his system.

Don't let it upset you, our goal it to do the exact opposite. Temps are very important, and it wouldn't matter if you were the largest leopard gecko breeder everyone knows, i'm sure there would still be questions about enclosure temps. Everyone keeps their animals differently and that's perfectly fine. But, please don't let it tick you off... :)

MrLeoGecko

The bird Is The Word
that what i said was just an average range because my 2 (digital) thermometers have a low/high setting so you can see what the temps were through the night (if they droppped or went to high)

Visit our friends