Yellow Urates

bindidragon

Hey there!

I've kept up the soaking and mineral oil all weekend, and Carl STILL hasn't defecated!!:confused: He ate 3 butterworms (1 large) last Monday, 3 butterworms (1 large) on Thursday (6-21) and 3 crix last night. Saturday night he "dropped" a small, yellow urate. He is passing urates that do have a yellow rather than white color. Marnie didn't eat, but produced an odd looking feces last night. She will be two on 9/28 and Carl will be two on 9/17. I've heard butterworms stay in their system longer, keeping them full. Does anyone know if they affect "normal" digestion? I haven't been able to locate any information and hate to call the vet being a pain. Anyone have any ideas? Magic cures? Thanks!

Caleb C

That's lot of food it's holding in. I'm not sure i butterworms will stay in longer and keep them full longer, since everything gets digested equally, don't they? I just feed mine mealworms and crickets, and it will probably poop once a day.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Very strange. Has he gone yet? How long are you soaking for? What's enclosure humidity like?

bindidragon

Hasn't gone yet! The vet gave him another enema yesterday. He said he didn't feel anything in the lower gut. There was a small amount that was still higher up. Carl needs Metamucil!:eek: He's staying in the water for between 15-30 minutes. His humidity hut is so humid it drips with condensation when I take the lid off. Temp on the warm side is 89-91. Clean fecals. He's kept on paper towels. He is just a problem child.

Visit our friends