A beardie question

steve905

I have a female (Pancake) she almost 490 grams. @ 1.75 yrs old. Tamiko my male 520 grams whose 5-6 years old was with her for almost 2.5 months..LOTS of head bobbing, jumping on top of, general male tomfoolery. Well here we are shes now away from him...No eggs....not real interested in food( I'm not sure why since she would literally hurt herself to get to anything that moved before) Ans Tamiko keeps bobbing away eventhough hes alone. Her clucthmate has mated and laid 2 clutches of eggs so far with @ 98% of them being good. Pancake was totally submissive and ready to do her part...Temps are good, lighting is good I've even been taking them out in the sun for 45min. stretches.. Any ideas on eggs? Will she be ready to go next year? Have I missed this breeding season? I could lock her up with the other male just didn't want to stress her out.

Thanks

TheWolfmanTom

Its more than likley stress. Almost all my girls devour food right up to the day they lay.
If she is gravid for her health you want to seperate your dragons and keep them apart. Your male will just continue to try to breed her and it doesnt matter if he succeeds or not it will stress your female to the point her health declines. My breeders are only together long enough to breed.

steve905

They've been separated for 2.5 weeks now should her appitite return by now? I don't feel eggs she just looks like a Macy's day blimp....

LynnsBeardedDragons

She may be stressed from the move and lonesome. Most females will eat until just a few days before they lay. Are the temps right? Is there black lines or patterns on her belly? This is usally a sign of stress or not getting warm enough

Visit our friends