APTORS AND RATOPS, OH MY

Wandering Paddle

good luck educating... many have tried, including myself. It would take a concerted effort from everyone, and we would need consensus on how stripe, patternless stripe, reverse stripe, and there respective crosses to each other, jungles, and banded animals work. Since aptor x aptor can give you a banded/jungle eclipse tremper than it will be difficult to reach a consensus... I think newbs will forever be screwed in regards to raptors.

Im a fan of saying -insert pattern- eclipse tremper. I hate the term raptor...

Shadraak

this is a heated debate robin, some of the designer, raptors or, banded/jungle/stripe etc... i do not label as raptors, they are jungle/banded/stripe tremper eclipse. ie.. full eye color.

DarthGekko

Sin City Gecko
agreed but the creator of the morph named it that even though it is technically wrong but we can not go back and change that now. what we have to do is start calling animals what exactly they are.if i get banded from my raptors and aptors i will call them baned trempers from so and so lines het for whatever (if it is het for something else) because technically that is what they are.

RT says that the Patternless Stripe is a new recessive Patternless gene if I can remember correctly. So If you have a parent that isn't Homo for the "P" (i.e. Banded Raptor, Striped Raptor etc.) then some of the babies will come out with the banding and stripes etc. This is what I know about it. I could be wrong so dont kill me guys :)

CREATIVE GECKO

i understand what he is saying but in the circum,stance he is talking about Buyer X is wrong for asking what kind of RAPTORS (because he should know what a true raptor is) BUYER X has and buyer X is wrong because he is just perpetuating this silly incorrect information. and if we do not start correcting people now we are going to have a bunch of complete idiots selling banded animals as aptors and raptors and everything will get even more complicated (as far as genetics and names too). it's like we need to educate the newbs and in some cases not so newbs

agreed!

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
Agreed (about the T). But there is more than just breeders or forum members who this thread would be important to. There is big name reptile company in san diego (starts with L) and they sell some amazing animals, but also have banded rapTors for sale on their site. So now its mis-informing everyone who looks at their site and especially those who purchase them. This is just one of those things that its too far along in the misunderstanding of it, to honestly be able to be changed. Although we may not like it, I think eyelids (Michael) was right, about how raptors will in time be sold as. JMHO.

DarthGekko

Sin City Gecko
this is a heated debate robin, some of the designer, raptors or, banded/jungle/stripe etc... i do not label as raptors, they are jungle/banded/stripe tremper eclipse. ie.. full eye color.

Well the R in Raptor stands for Ruby eyed and an Eclipse is the non albino form of this. So the Tremper with a Ruby eye is a Raptor and not an Eclipse...

You could use a Banded Raptor or a Tremper Raptor to make a Dreamsickle right? So really what is the difference?

This is confusing if you let it be...

I know a chocolate fudge sundae is ice cream but someone who has never had one might not know that.....

robin

Well the R in Raptor stands for Ruby eyed and an Eclipse is the non albino form of this. So the Tremper with a Ruby eye is a Raptor and not an Eclipse...

You could use a Banded Raptor or a Tremper Raptor to make a Dreamsickle right? So really what is the difference?

This is confusing if you let it be...

I know a chocolate fudge sundae is ice cream but someone who has never had one might not know that.....

yes the R does stand for ruby or red eyed but if they are not "patternless" all they are is a ruby eyed banded tremper albinos

DarthGekko

Sin City Gecko
yes the R does stand for ruby or red eyed but if they are not "patternless" all they are is a ruby eyed banded tremper albinos

I may be wrong when I say this but as I understand it the P in Raptor stands for the Patternless Stripe gene which can produce Stripes and bands as well as a Patternless body. So I would argue that a patternless Raptor and a banded Raptor look different but they are both Raptors. The root of this argument seems to be what is at the top of the Raptor Hierarchy? A patternless Raptor is of course at the top but there are variations of a Raptor like the Banded Raptor. A banded Raptor x Raptor will make nothing but Raptors.... different variations of Raptors but they are all Raptors.

Misstasha

i understand what he is saying but in the circum,stance he is talking about Buyer X is wrong for asking what kind of RAPTORS (because he should know what a true raptor is) BUYER X has and buyer X is wrong because he is just perpetuating this silly incorrect information. and if we do not start correcting people now we are going to have a bunch of complete idiots selling banded animals as aptors and raptors and everything will get even more complicated (as far as genetics and names too). it's like we need to educate the newbs and in some cases not so newbs

i agree with that too :p lol

Neo.Reptiliac

-has a pair of those naturally brown old school giant trempers-

I agree that this is a messy topic. Raptor was the worst thing to call these. Considering all the controversy its caused. I got an eclipse a while back and I call it an eclipse cause of the eyes. But a few people has messaged me saying "Why do you call your Raptor an eclipse" well cause its an eclipse of course. And they say "but it has the genes of a Raptor, so why not call it a Raptor cause thats what it is". and I say to them. "Well I consider a Raptor having the right genes and red eyes. If it doesn't have red eyes then its not a Raptor. But if it has eclipse eyes, also called Snake eyes. Then its an eclipse.

Visit our friends