Bruce Stephenson vs GKO Reptiles EVERYONE PLEASE READ

Well this is my full opinion.I am NOT taking sides but bruce should have been at his house at the time of shipment.Say, he was vomiting,he should still come to the door and retreive the geckos.Say he was using the bathroom tell the Fed X dude to hang on I am busy.

gko reptiles

A New Generation
Golden Gate Geckos said:
This is correct. No carrier other than Delta Dash will cover the loss of the animal.

This is very true. In fact, FedEx does NOT cover the loss of the animal; but insurance does, however, ensure that the package makes it to it's destination before 10:30AM. This is important especially in this case, as in others, because Leo's can only sit in the heat of a truck or warehouse for so long. There is only so much that a cold (or heat pack for that matter) can do. This is why insurance is/was purchased when shipping, not to reimburse whichever party for the animal.

Last edited:

wilomn

No One of Consequence
gko reptiles said:
This is very true. In fact, FedEx does NOT cover the loss of the animal; but insurance does, however, ensure that the package makes it to it's destination before 10:30AM. This is important especially in this case, as in others, because Leo's can only sit in the heat of a truck or warehouse for so long. There is only so much that a cold (or heat pack for that matter) can do. This is why insurance is/was purchased when shipping, not to reimburse whichever party for the animal.
I've never heard that before. I ship a few snakes every year and I don't insure them, no point it throwing away money. They get to their destination by the time I pay for. It's more expensive to get them there at an earlier time than a later one, but as far as I know insurance has nothing to do with delivery time.

Again, all this is predicated on what was happening 6 months ago, I haven't shipped anything since then. Not that I can recall anyway.

BalloonzForU

The insurance purchased for FedEx or UPS is to cover the content of the box incase of damage and/or loss of package. In this case neither will honor the insurance to cover animals. The insurance has nothing to do with the time the package arrives at the delivery point. That is why there is different prices for early morning, next day by 10am, second day and so on. When you pay for either of these delivery type it is already guaranteed to arrive by that time. Insurance is a waste of money, when shipping animals.

Kimjorg

I was under the impression (after a conversation from fed ex) that if you purchase the insurance and ask for arrival before 10 am and that is the terms of the agreement if your package arrives at 10:01 am your insurance money was a waste nad they have to refund you for your shipping. I am not quite sure why this is even being brought up in this thread seeing as though GKO bought insurance but since Bruce wasn't there for the 1st or second delivery i think that would void all insurance money anyways. Also the insurance is so a signature is required instead of the Fed ex man knocking once no one hearing the knock and the package sitting on the front porch all day. With a signature required they usually realize it is something a little more important and knock a few more times to try and make their best attempt to get ahold of you. (this also keeps them fro mhaving to turn around 2 or 3 times to come back to your house.) I am unsure after hearing everyone's comments about insurance if that is necessarily true though.:main_huh:

gko reptiles

A New Generation
Insurance was put on the package to make sure that someone was there to recieve it, to make sure that the reciever was there while the FedEx driver was also present, to make sure that the package didn't even touch the ground, even for a second, to make sure that the geckos were never (not ever) sitting in the sun. I have posted this link over and over again and I doubt that many people went to our website to read our LAG. Here it is, copy pasted directly from our website. I'll even repost the link to make sure everyone knows that I didn't alter it. It is very clear and consice about insurance, shipping destination, etc.

Live Arrival Garuntee:

" GKO Reptiles offers a Live Arrival Garuntee. This means that the Leopard Gecko(s) shipped to the purchaser will arrive at the purchasers doorstep alive via FedEx or UPS overnight services unless otherwise specified by both GKO Reptiles and the recieving party. A confirmation tracking number will arrive via email from GKO Reptiles to the recipient the day before or the day of shipment of the package. Please note that all orders are suseptable to insurance at the discretion of GKO Reptiles. (Generally, all orders over $500 will be insured.) Also, if no one from the recieving party is at the delivery site to recieve the package, previously agreed to by GKO Reptiles and the purchaser, GKO Reptiles cannot be liable for any deaths, injuries, or otherwise. "

Once again, here's the link: www.gkoreptiles.com

wilomn

No One of Consequence
I think the point here is, that insurance has nothing to do with whether or not the package is signed for or the time it is delivered.

I think you either request a signiture or waive the need for it and you pay for the delivery time you want. If they miss the time, the time they guarantee, then they refund the cost of SHIPPING only.

I had a shipment wind up being delayed for 24 hours last year. I did not insure it but did pay for 10:30 delivery. I was refunded the shipping costs, but some smart aleck deducted the amount insurance would have been, as I did declare a value, from that total even though I NEVER PURCHASED IT.

I had to fight with them to get a credit for the insurance that I did not buy because had I needed it, it would not cover the items I had shipped.

I did read YOUR terms, in fact I believe I quoted them previously. I think you may want to check with fedex and see if you may have misunderstood them. I think you're throwing money away paying for insurance that is not applicable.

gko reptiles

A New Generation
How many times do I have to say this? I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THE PURCHASER ACTUALLY RECIEVES THE PACKAGE AT THE TIME OF DELIVERY. Asking for a signature is the only 100% sure way to ensure this. The insurace and shipping was paid for by GKO Reps, so either way, it wouldn't have affected the price. Also, this is my choice to spend the extra $4.00 to ask for a signature. This is my opinion and choice, so in all reality, it's not an arguable point.

wilomn

No One of Consequence
So, what you're saying, since I seem to dim to have gleaned your meaning the previous 12 times I responded, is that the ONLY way to "insure" a signature is to pay for insurance? Is THAT what you are saying?

gko reptiles

A New Generation
Wes, I don't want to argue about this. To answer your question, yes; for the seller the only true way that the seller can know that the package was recieved, not delivered, but recieved, is to ask for a signature. Is there a way to require a signature without buying insurance, or paying any kind of fee?; because if there is, I would love to know! If it's possible to get the same result without paying a fee of any kind, any information you have about it would be great! Getting something for free is most definately easier/cheaper than paying for it!

And when I left the post with our LAG, it wasn't directed towards you.

wilomn

No One of Consequence
That is my point exactly. While I have not verified this myself of late, it used to be a simple request done at no charge.

That was what I was trying, in my dim way, to convey to you.

You may want to check on that. 4.00 times a bunch of shipments is a lot of money.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
OK guys... Wes is right. I KNOW that UPS and FedEx guarantees delivery by a certain time when you pay for it, regardless of insurance! For example, if I (or my customers) pay UPS's shipping rate for "Next Day Air, Guaranteed Delivery by 10:30 AM" the next morning, it only guarantees that the package will be delivered before 10:30 AM. It DOES NOT cost extra money for that insurance... it is part of the price paid for "UPS Next Day Air" delivery. To pay an extra fee for insurance will only cover damage to the contents of the package... EXCEPT for live animals.

If you pay insurance above and beyond the amount paid for the service, you are indeed, wasting your money if you expect the carriers to cover the cost of the animals.

As far as signatures go, personally, I do not pay extra for a signature. It is in my TOS that the customer MUST be there to accept the package at the agreed upon date and time. Period! If they are not there to accept the package, signature or not, then I am not liable for the consequenses!

Last edited by a moderator:

gko reptiles

A New Generation
wilomn said:
That is my point exactly. While I have not verified this myself of late, it used to be a simple request done at no charge.

That was what I was trying, in my dim way, to convey to you.

You may want to check on that. 4.00 times a bunch of shipments is a lot of money.

Thanks Wes! Upon that reply, I apologize. I did not know that this existed. I was under the impression that paying for insurance was the only way to do this. I'll look into that tonight! (We're actually shipping out 2 packages tomorrow afternoon, and have not yet printed the shipping labels.) Again, I'm sorry, what you were saying wasn't registering... I didn't mind paying for the signatures before, but free is ALWAYS good!!

Gregg M

Registered Member
Were there 6 geckos shipped in the same box??? I also do not see any paper towels in the individual containers with the geckos...

Last edited:

gko reptiles

A New Generation
There were also moist paper towels in each deli cup. Also, There was packaging material in the box to insure that the geckos didn't move around.

The NY Gecko

Don't Get So Carried Away
Bruce, be home and awake next time. Thats the entire issue. You neglected to be there to sign for the animals and now you pay the price, but more importantly the animals have paid the ultimate price, their lives. They were beautiful animals.IMO you are not entitled to a penny. But christine and phil still went ahead and offered you half your money back, even though it was your fault. Thats excellent customer service. You failed to cover things on your end and they tried to pick up the slack, as much as they could. And you still shoved it in their face. Demanding a 100% refund and threatening with legal intervention. As for the name calling going on, thats far more than what we call unneccessary. Name calling is the lowest you can sink and all it shows is that your wrong so you try and insult the other person to make up for your own shortcomings. You were offered half your money back and refused it. Given the circumstances, no court of law in the entire US of A would award you a dime.

wilomn

No One of Consequence
The NY Gecko said:
Bruce, be home and awake next time. Thats the entire issue. You neglected to be there to sign for the animals and now you pay the price, but more importantly the animals have paid the ultimate price, their lives. They were beautiful animals.IMO you are not entitled to a penny. But christine and phil still went ahead and offered you half your money back, even though it was your fault. Thats excellent customer service. You failed to cover things on your end and they tried to pick up the slack, as much as they could. And you still shoved it in their face. Demanding a 100% refund and threatening with legal intervention. As for the name calling going on, thats far more than what we call unneccessary. Name calling is the lowest you can sink and all it shows is that your wrong so you try and insult the other person to make up for your own shortcomings. You were offered half your money back and refused it. Given the circumstances, no court of law in the entire US of A would award you a dime.
Well said. I agree 100%.

Now, who are you and what have you done with Tom?

The NY Gecko said:

You deserve the respect of all geckos!

Visit our friends