Coco Fiber vs. Coco Soft "Fiber"

CYBERICK1

Guys I need some help here... I wanted to create a humid hide so I started reading here a couple of post and a ran to my local pet shop and got Coco Soft Fiber (from Blue Iguana)... then I realized when I got back here that the pics some of you had was more of a fiber that was kind of soily/grainy type of substrate...

I just want to ask if anyone here has used this type of Coco-Soft "Fiber" before... I know it still says "fiber" but this one is kind of rough/thick type of fiber vs. the one I've seen in some of your pics which is a lot more thin... I already opened it so I can't take it back. I will be using it just for the humid hide and filling up some spaces between rocks in which cricket sometimes hide... it won't be used as a substrate for the WHOLE tank. Is it still acceptable for that use? (It is for a young leo (about 2-3 months old.)

Any tips/suggestions? Thanks!

MichaelJ

CelebrityGeckos.Com
It should be fine. It looks like that company produces different variations. We recommend using the the finer material:

images

Maybe you have this one?

images

Either one should be fine to use in your leo's moist hide. Be sure to spray every other day to keep the moisture levels up.

Good luck!

CYBERICK1

Yeap! :main_yes: That's the one I have (2nd pic)...

One of the newbie mistakes I guess... (learning on the way...:main_rolleyes:) Thank you so much MichaelJ... I was afraid I was not going to be able to use it at all.

Thanks again! :main_thumbsup:

Visit our friends