Corkbarks...Love these two!

MonteQ's

Caught two of the girls hanging out the other day. Love these geckos! Just thought I'd share.
c1.jpg

I have a rough time getting these guys in focus in macro. My camera doesn't seem to know what to focus on. Thought this one came out pretty well though. Any tips would be wonderful!

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
Awesome geckos Monte. I have always admired the corks they are very cool one of the coolest leaf tails. your camera probably had trouble focusing because of the stick in the for-ground. it should focus on what ever is closest to the lens weather it be some thing to the [ [] ]. so if you've got a gecko and a twig in the for-ground its going to want to focus on the twig.

MonteQ's

Lol, they can be pretty hard to track down. I've gotten nervous a few times trying to track them down in the mornings...only to find them on a dark stick or cork slab right in front of me. Fascinating how well their camouflage works!

Thanks Zach. It actually took me a little while to get one this clear...It actually did keep focusing on the stick at first ;). I wasn't necessarily referring to this particular picture though. Just have a rough time getting good focus on them period.

LizMarie

lol. too funny.

I was sitting here like where are the geckos the I saw a foot and was like what an interesting back wall that has the hand print of a gecko then I was like OOOOh that IS the Gecko, lol.

steve905

Very cool...I have a friend that has a couple of LTC pairs she trying to sell and she keeps tempting me....Man what a tease...Do you find them to be ready eaters? and ameniable to handleing??? Hows the Stenos my man?

MonteQ's

Steve, they're actually very hardy for Uroplatus. Once you get them established any way. I did have to deal with mites on a few of them, if you get em quickly, not too big of a deal. Mine really don't like to be handled! They'll run for cover actually.

I keep them like my phants, but a little warmer and dryer. Just started getting eggs. All in all they've been pretty hardy captives. I recieved a couple young cb pairs last year, and they were pretty easy to raise up too.

Stenos are doing great btw. Getting ready to give them a break for a few months.

Thanks Bari, I love these geckos!

gmaier19

these are awesome, i just had a really good laugh when i asked my dad to try to find the geckos and he couldnt and had to give up.

Visit our friends