Crested Gecko not Sticking?

Dracon

Hi, I've had my crested gecko for a while now and I've never had this issue before, but he isn't able to stick to things anymore. He used to sleep in leaves but now he just sits at the top of the terrarium. If I take him out he'll feel really slippery and he struggles a lot. He's been like this for maybe a week now so I don't think it's an issue with shedding, and even if it is I made sure there was no extra shedding on his hands and feet. I've been feeding him the same thing as usual and spraying the terrarium twice a day, so he should be fine. Anyone know what the issue might be? Thanks.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Is he any better sticking before you spray? Many of mine will fall off the walls when I spray. Is there any chance that there's some shed stuck at the bottom of the feet?

Aliza

Dracon

Is he any better sticking before you spray? Many of mine will fall off the walls when I spray. Is there any chance that there's some shed stuck at the bottom of the feet?

Aliza
No, he has trouble sticking both before and after spraying. I tried putting him in a "sauna" which apparently is supposed to take the leftover shedding off so I doubt there's any left, but just in case this is what his foot looks like right now (sorry for the bad quality):

Attachments

• 20220210_235922.jpg
    20220210_235922.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 3

Visit our friends