Cresteds, what can they eat as treats and what to avoid?

Merriweather

Take me away Circle K
I've been trying to do my research, but I've been having problems with finding a good list about what all can and can't(shouldn't) be fed to them. I don't want to make a dumb mistake and do an equivalent of giving a dog chocolate, but I'd also like to throw in some treats and shake it up a bit. While everyone says the Repashy is all they will ever need, I still think variety is good good good. :)

So what I've gathered is:
*Repashy, T-Rex or online ordered should be the absolute staple.
*Insects are O-KAY but shouldn't be the prime of the diet, providing your gecko is still interested in eating them. Dust&gutload.

I'm hazy about:
*Yogurt seems to be ok as a treat, and I would suspect a more natural, non high fructose corn syrup Red Dye 404 junk should be given? Would Kefir be okay? Fage? Do you want to aim towards live culture yogurts, or steer clear of them?

*Honey also seems to be an acceptable treat.

*Fresh fruits (Apple, banana... and ?) blended seem to be okay, provided that they are not citrus.

And the BAD is:
*Baby food is a no-no-no, too much sugar and preservatives etc.
*Citrus should be avoided, and thus should also not be fed to their insects. (Citrus apparently stimulates roaches to breed more)

What else would be on the bad list, and what else is okay?

Daedric1

I would stay away from the yogurt, just for the fact that it contains lactose (being a dairy product). This can cause indigestion.

And I'm sure cresties like stomach aches about as much as we do. ;)

mugenjin

Small silkworms , butterworms , small hornworms , mealworms , waxworms.

Probably in that order as far as preference as far as I understand. My gecko's eaten all of those enthusiastically , except for waxworms which I haven't tried yet.

rubym

My cresties like an occasional wax worm. I give silkies too. I dont feed the mealies cause it seems there are mixed opinions on if they are good for them or not so I just dont give them. Mine have had a few tomatoe horned worms and they like those alot too. Roaches.

Merriweather

Take me away Circle K
Neither of mine will do insects of any kind it seems. I got my juvenile to eat maybe 3 crickets, and 2 wax worms since ive had it, but now it seems it is over them. I'm doing the "leave roaches in the bottom of the cage and hope it will seek them out over the coarse of the night" thing...
My other crested is a craigslist adopted adult and shes done with insects. Might also try the roach thing with her too.

ketz

Yeah, I'm definitely curious about what types of fruits would be good snacks for them. I've tried feeding mine bananas that were mushed up but he didn't seem too interested in them. I've fed mine crickets but his staple "meat" is mealworms and he hasn't seemed to have any problem with it since I've been feeding them.

Seeing as I only have 2 crested right now. My Female will eat mealworms almost like my leopards do. My male has never eaten an insect and doesn't seem interested.

My female is also "scared" of bananas...

Sidhe

My crested hasn't shown any interest in bananas either; maybe I'll try the peeled grapes.

His favorite treat is crickets! He goes nuts over them.

Dron2124

Crested
yea my boi is a couple months old and attacks crickets like he will never see them again. he would probably eat all crickets if i let him. have not tried any fruit yet but i thik i just mite.

Visit our friends