Dent on incubating egg...

B

BioWorkZ

Hello everyone, I noticed a dent on one of my incubating eggs. Is this normal? The other egg looks fine, there's no mold on either one. I'm incubating the eggs on perlite using the exact same water to perlite ratio as stated on Albey's website on incubation. Currently incubating at 80 degrees. Any idea what's going on?

Daidra

How long have they been incubating as when they are close to hatching they will start to dent and collapse and this could happen for up to 2 or maybe even 3 days before hatching but if they are not around hatching then you may not have enough water in the medium(cover the egg with the medium and leave a small space for oxygen to reach the egg)or the egg is not fertile,the baby could have possibly died if it is fertile.

Srt14292

Est; 1992
I allways thought the eggs started to welt and dent prior to hatching.
When were the eggs incubated? and what are they for?

B

BioWorkZ

How long have they been incubating as when they are close to hatching they will start to dent and collapse and this could happen for up to 2 or maybe even 3 days before hatching but if they are not around hatching then you may not have enough water in the medium(cover the egg with the medium and leave a small space for oxygen to reach the egg)or the egg is not fertile,the baby could have possibly died if it is fertile.

They've been incubating for about 4 weeks now. Still a long time from hatching. The dent has been around for about 3 days now. I consider that it might not be humid enough so I added several more drops of filtered water into the perlite (not directly onto the egg). I don't even want to consider that it might be infertile or the baby die.

Visit our friends