does my baby have enigma syndrome? vid

NinjaDuo

nevermind. i never get any help here. its a shame ive gotten more reliable help on chameleonforums with these guys than here.

You expect help after rude comments like this?

If its neurological.... Thrs not much you can do, and if your vet assumes it is. Then what would the gecko community possibly help you with?

ChristinaJ

You live in Pa, so do I and there are numerous exotic animal vets around me and I literally live in the middle of nowhere, and even then if one of my geckos needed it I would drive however far I needed to. Hell, my female pug had to be taken 3 hrs away to the nearest emergency clinic at 2am when she lost her eye and I spent 2000 on the surgery, care, and medicine. My point is that there are plenty of vets in PA, and honestly, if you can't afford for this to happen then you shouldn't be breeding.

As to where to get the proper supplements, maybe you should have done alittle research before you even started breeding. There are countless posts on this site and well as others that have this information. A little research goes along way. In my opinion, I would cull the hatchling, but that is just me, and what do I know I've only been keeping leos since I was 5 and breeding them since I was around 10 or so... As the others that have responded to this post have mentioned. You don't want our advice, you want us to tell you what you want to hear. By all means take the advice of someone who probably has never even owned a leo before, after all what do the experienced members on this form know?

amanda509

You live in Pa, so do I and there are numerous exotic animal vets around me and I literally live in the middle of nowhere, and even then if one of my geckos needed it I would drive however far I needed to. Hell, my female pug had to be taken 3 hrs away to the nearest emergency clinic at 2am when she lost her eye and I spent 2000 on the surgery, care, and medicine. My point is that there are plenty of vets in PA, and honestly, if you can't afford for this to happen then you shouldn't be breeding.

As to where to get the proper supplements, maybe you should have done alittle research before you even started breeding. There are countless posts on this site and well as others that have this information. A little research goes along way. In my opinion, I would cull the hatchling, but that is just me, and what do I know I've only been keeping leos since I was 5 and breeding them since I was around 10 or so... As the others that have responded to this post have mentioned. You don't want our advice, you want us to tell you what you want to hear. By all means take the advice of someone who probably has never even owned a leo before, after all what do the experienced members on this form know?

my vet told me to ask on here and find out if any of the experienced keepers on here could tell me if it was neurological or not. simple as that. as experienced breeders, i would have expected you guys would know the difference from a neurological issue and mbd, but i guess not. he said if you guys thought it was neurological, then to not spend my money taking him to the vet because there is nothing he can do about it. it is not life threatening so why cull the little guy? he will just be a pet only..not a big deal.

and i did not intentionally breed for these babies! their parents were rescues who were housed together and partially starved, but separated when i got them and fattened up, but the female must have already been pregnant. she laid these eggs 3 weeks after i got them and they looked healthy, so i hatched them. i got one healthy baby and one with a neurological issue, no big deal, he will be a pet and spoiled for life.

and where the heck does supplements come into this? i did my research, and im supplementing correctly, i just happen to use a brand few of you have ever heard of! but its the same friggin exact thing as any other brand you guys use!

now im tired of people attacking me like im some sort of stupid child. ive kept and raised reptiles for 5 years now, most of those years with chameleons which are the hardest reptiles to keep!!! and i have successfully bred and cared for them!! i just happened to come across a pair of leopard geckos in a bad situation and have now nursed them back to health, and happened to get 2 babies out of it!

you guys are more concerned with criticizing everything about me, than answering my damn question! and im not the only one that thinks so! go ahead onto the chameleonforums and read a thread i posted about how rude and arrogant some of the people are on here! (some of you were indeed helpful) but so far every single person that has commented has said how much they hate this forum for the members' arrogance and stupidity!

for any moderators reading this, go ahead and ban me or something, i dare you, that will keep me from having to defend myself when stupid arrogant people attack me when im not doing anything wrong! MY VET SAID TO ASK YOU GUYS IF IT IS NEUROLOGICAL OR MBD, HE TRUSTED YOUR OPINIONS, AND SAID IF IT WAS NEUROLOGICAL, THEN TO NOT WASTE MY MONEY ON BRINGING IN MY GECKO BECAUSE HE CANNOT DO ANYTHING.

Jaiden23

You've already received your answer several times. This animal cannot be accurately diagnosed online. No reputable breeder would be willing to risk their reputation on a case like this where the outcome is either 'do nothing' or 'go to the vet'. This hatchling needs to be seen by a professional in person. A short video like that cannot show everything you need to see.

Now, obviously this isn't what you came here hoping to hear but that doesn't change the fact that it's the right course of action. You're being treated like a child because you're acting like one. You come on here and demand responses. The members of this forum have jobs and lives of their own. They are not here 24/7 to bend to your schedule and tell you whatever you want to hear. Show some respect and act like an adult and you'll be treated like one.

We see far too many situations where an owner puts money above their animals, and no offense, but that's exactly what it looks like you're doing. Yes, the economy is bad and money is tight for just about everyone, but why would you choose to not spend the money if only to know exactly what is wrong with that leo. Even if nothing can be done, at least you know with certainty that it isn't something that needs to be treated.

Last edited:

That_DL_Kid

Being as rude as you have I'm surprised anyone responded to you. This forum isn't like a fast food place. You don't get immediate answers.

In my opinion your gecko has weak front legs. Like others have said it looks like mbd. Many people advised you of this but you seem to not believe them. Don't waste peoples time if you won't listen to their advice.

Also different brand calcium can be very different. Tums are calcium carbonate so they are bad because reptiles can't process carbonate and it actually binds to Ca+ and that is a cause of mbd.

ChristinaJ

Exactly, calcium is not just calcium. Many calcium supplements are targeted to certain species because of what they do or do not contain. For a vet to say ask online amazes me...no vet I have ever been to has ever said well ask online and see what they think.

And lastly, to keep the eggs from geckos that are knowingly starved and in bad shape is never a good idea. The babies will have supplement issues stemming from the parents, could have contracted parasites, and everything else. Neurological issues often worsen with age and hide other issues you cannot see so in my opinion yes I would cull the hatchling.

GodzillaGecko

Your vet is an idiot and your extremely rude. You don't have money then don't have a pet. You want liquid calcium GOD DAMN FLUKERS HAS IT! Jesus bloody christ. You can go to any reptile site and it has it...RIGHT THERE! Hell go to petco and they have it. Petsmart has it. Are you that bloody lazy that you can't even look up a simple liquid calcium? do you know what Google is? Its right there here's the link to it... www.Google.com
You can't wait an hour for a reply then your impatient and thus shouldn't be allowed to talk. You should seriously apologize for your behavior to everyone on this forum. Except to me cause I can care less.

Repti82

ChameleonForums!

IGNORE THEM ALL AMANDA! They are rude and ignorant. your buddy camaleonte is here ;) Gecko Forums really is the most unhelpful place ive been on. time to go back to CF :D

SC Geckos

actually i joined quiet some time ago. im just never on bc this forum is completely useless
Well then, I suggest you leave this "completely useless forum" and go back to whatever forum you were on and let this tired thread die already.

Last edited:

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Joined some time ago?
It has your join date below your avatar. I know you think we're stupid...but c'mon

Oh sorry, we're letting this die.

After reading all your threads, I think your hatchling may be deformed based on how you incubated your eggs.

Last edited:

Visit our friends