Escaped Crestie Resurfaces!

Franks_Geckos

Leopard Gecko Addict
:D My 1 1/2 year old female Crested Gecko "Pepper" had escaped 12 days ago along with her cage mate Jewel. My two cats found a way two get onto and destroy the screen top of the tank while I was at work the day after I had rearranged the room. Subsequently the two Crestie girls busted out of jail. Upon returning from work that day I found out what had transpired and started a search for them. Jewel was captured quickly but minus tail and with a few scratches from the cats that I treated with an antibiotic ointment. Pepper managed to stay hidden for 6 days before she was spotted by the cats. They got her tail but she must have managed an escape. This morning, on the 12th day while I was eating breakfast my 5 year old yells "Daddy, there's a gecko in my drawer, The Crested One!". I shot downstairs and captured her before she could escape his sight and returned her to her new rack tub where the cats will no longer find a way to harass her. It is a very happy day and I can now end my daily searches for her. What a relief! :D

RampantReptiles

Awwww glad things turned out ok. I had one of my first leopard geckos (before I knew what I was doing) missing for almost 6 months. He was not in good shape after that...

rubym

We had a Leo escape one time and we found him after 4 days in of all places our meal worm drawer,lol. I am so glad that you found your missing baby.

Franks_Geckos

Leopard Gecko Addict
In a drawer?! It's amazing where they end up sometimes. I'm glad you got them back relatively unscathed!

Considering I have two 1 1/2 year old cats (almost same age as her to the day) that claimed the tails of both females that got loose, I am amazed she was found alive at all. I was already prepared to buy a replacement and remain upset over losing the bloodline since I had already sold the 09 hatchlings from the same parents. Now, I can at least hold out for a bit, see if she gets back to being herself, and can breed in the spring. It's just a reminder to never give up hope and praying for the best.

Visit our friends