Firewater Enigma?

Albey

Tonight while I was checking the incubator that I use for both Ball Python and Male Leopard Gecko eggs I was pleasantly surprised to find my first hatch from a Het Firewater Enigma to Het Firewater Enigma breeding. Actually it was the third clutch from this particular Female but it was the first one that was incubated for Male. Dan the Fireman told me a couple of years ago that the best Firewaters he produced were from Het to Het breeding so I have been anxiously awaiting some offspring from this pair. By the way, this year is the first time I have done Enigma to Enigma breeding. This being my fifth breeding cycle with the Enigmas and having seen no significant difference in the outcome of the animals produced by continued out crossing, I decide it was time to go for it.

Ok it is time to see this little beauty but first let me explain the reason for the question mark. When I first found them I tried to get the two of them to do the typical Enigma twist but neither of them did much of it. As you can see from the first picture I am posting he looks like a typical Las Vegas Albino. Well maybe he has a little bit better color for one that just hatched but you catch my drift. The clutch mate is definitely an Enigma Possible Het for Firewater but if you look closely the Albino one is a carbon copy of it down to the sickle shaped neck ring.

enfw09_1eye5.jpg

Here is another shot of the two of them.

enfw09_1eye4.jpg

Now I know that the Albino pictured could be of any really nicely colored Las Vegas Albinos but check out the next two pictures of the eyes on this Bad Boy. They do not look like any normal Las Vegas Albino eyes to me.

enfw09_1eye1.jpg

enfw09_1eye2.jpg

Oh by the way just so that you can see why I am so excited by this pairing, here are a few pictures of the parents.

This one is of the Dad.

enhfw08_6_700_1.jpg

This one is of the Mom.

enhfw08_4_700_1.jpg

So tell me what does everyone think, Firewater Enigma or Firewater?

SFgeckos

NICE!

I've hatched tons of normal Rainwater albinos since '02...and NONE of them looked like that...that is definitely an Enigma Rainwater Albino!!!

Enigma x Enigma= 100% enigmas, correct? Perhaps after so many cycles of outcrossing, your enigmas won't exhibit those physical behavioral traits?

Nice work Albey!! Keep us updated as he grows!

Jon

Last edited:

DarthGekko

Sin City Gecko
I don't work with Firewater's but it looks Enigma to me. Congrats Albey!

Question: Have your ratios of hatching Enigma offspring vs Non Enigma's gone up since you are mating Enigma x Enigma?

bro paul

brightalbino.com
Very cool Albey! Congrats ;)

Just curious, do you remember if the parents exhibited much enigma "behavior" when they were little? I'm wondering if certain projects/lines of enigmas seem to not be affected.

miamimike

Holy Hets Albey!!!!!.....by the looks of those parents.....those two little guys should be ridiculous!.....Congrats again man!!!!

Visit our friends