Found a good deal on an incubator

Gregg M

Registered Member
To be honest, I would not use either product... Mostly for the reason that I get too many eggs to use such a small incubator and also because I would rather use something I either built myself or can atleast see the inner workings myself...

LLLReptile

Ok. HOPEFULLY we can help clear some of this up. If this doesn't, absolutely call or email us for any further information. We are happy to help.

First - up until last month, we carried the Repti Pro 5000. We don't now.

We now carry the MR-148 model. It has the identical, exact features (taken directly off of the manufacturer's website, NOT repti-pro...). We have both the repti pro and the MR 148 on hand, side by side, and didn't want to offer the MR148 until we went over it head to toe, inside and out. Personally, we see no differences, at all. That being said, maybe there is? According to Repti Pro there is, and we are not here to dispute that. That is up to him to talk about his own product. However, we have used the MR-148 for a full month before we offered it. It was very steady, held the temp perfectly, and is a great digital incubator with awesome features. For $129, we absolutely had to offer this model.

Now, from the manufacturer of the MR-148, and the ThinkGeek fridge, this is what we found out. The ThinkGeek is NO longer manufactured. The MR-148 is REPLACING this for several reasons. ThinkGeek must still have some in stock, but according to the manufacturer, when they run out, that is it. The MR-148 is the upgraded, revised model that fixes a couple of minor issues. Also - the MR-148 is BIGGER. Not by much, but it does add some internal space, allowing for more eggs than the previous model. The ThinkGeek model is 12.5 x 13.5 x 17.5. The MR-148 is 13” x 15” x 19”, and again, comes with a couple of cool features that the prior one did not. We guarantee the LOWEST price on the MR-148 at LLLReptile.com, and have them currently in stock. It is a fantastic option for breeders. On top of this, 3 to 4 MR-148's are WAY cheaper than the super high end medium sized digital incubators, and with 3 or 4, you have a ton more space than larger ones. Plus, you can do one at 82 degrees, another at 88 degrees, etc.

None the less, I really hope this helps clear up some differences. If you have ANY questions at all, don't hesitate to call or email us anytime. We are open 7 days a week. We do our research before we offer products, and hopefully this helps everyone out! PM me with any specific questions as well.

Scott
LLLReptile & Supply
www.LLLReptile.com

entropy1980

My MR-148 is coming today from LLLReptile. Hoping to have some eggs in the next couple of days to pop in it. I'll post my results as soon as I can :)

gixxer3420

Got my incubator from LLLReptile today. Its a lot larger in person. I can't wait to get eggs in it. So far I'm more than happy with it. Will post more once I have used it to cook eggs in.

R

ReptileCraze

It's very odd, I keep finding new threads on these various incubators. They all look so similar. I got mine called an accu-temp 6000 for $159 minus their 5% new email subscriber coupon but it also came with $30 in free stuff. It looks identical to the repti-pro 5000. Anyway, I ordered it from Big Apple Pet Supply and got it literally about 18 hours after ordering it. I tested it all weekend and found it to be extremely accurate.

Here's the location for it but if you buy it subscribe to their mail list and get the 5% off coupon http://www.bigappleherp.com/Accu-Temp-6000-Reptile-Incubator-Digital-Reptile-Incubator

Visit our friends