Gecko Breeders - Introduce yourselves!

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
It'd be great if we could have a running list of the breeders who are active within the community. If you breed geckos, make sure you list that in your profile, but also let us know in this thread!

Thanks!

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
I just hatched a few leopard gecko babies this year, but I 'caught the bug!' I purchased a few breeders this year, and kept the ones I hatched. Hopefully next year I'll have some neat hatchlings: mostly tremper albino, blizzards and snows. But I do have a tangerine and some stripes, too!

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Great - lots of inspiration and motivation to get into the hobby here.
I think this community will be a great support resource for all gecko enthusiasts

rizaroo

3 Year Member
I am a hobby breeder of cresties, I mainly deal in reds and pinstripes, and as soon as my gecko that is my avatar is ready to breed RED PINSTRIPES, sorry I am so excited about my red pin breeding program, didn't mean to yell. Anyway structure, color and being a nice calm gecko is what I breed for. They are all my pets first and breeders second. I have 3 males and 10 females right now and 31 unsexed babies right now.

Taiga

3 Year Member
I am a small crested gecko breeder who focuses on higher contrast Harleys, low pinstripes, flames, and sometimes the occasional brindle/extreme harley. My focus on color is Blonde, Cinnamon (rusty red), Orange, and red. I am looking to incorporate another female or two for next year to create a very healthy-and colorful bunch of geckos. All my adults have wide heads and great crests, as well as friendly personalities. See my profile for more info :)

Next year I will be breeding red and high contrast black and white gargoyle geckos!

Landen

LSReptiles
I am a hobbiest breeder of Leopard gecko's. I have 3 dozen or so breeders and produce between 60-100 hatchlings per year. I produce everything from Snows, Bold Stripes, Eclipses, Enigmas, Emerines, Trempers, Bells, and Blizzards. I'm located out of Dallas Tx and vend at various local shows through out Texas. I do ship through SYR nationwide.

Baoh

I used to breed Giants, Mack Snows, RAPTORs, Afghanicus, Fasciolatus, Diablo Blancos, Embers, Enigmas, Patternless, Blizzards, SHTCTs, and more (along with their various combinations).

Now, I just focus on improving my own line of Giant SHTCTB Tremper Eclipses (some folks call them RAPTORglows and various other names) for fun.

I also keep quite a few other animals.

Sammerz1990

3 Year Member
i have 2 leopard geckos and wanted to know if anyone could tell me the morphs they are one of them was said to be a high yellow... not sure its true as the other one looks to be a better yellow.
Reptar is the smaller one they told me he is a high yellow, i got him at strictly reptiles.
and
Cleo is the brighter yellow one, i bought her at petco and they didnt tell me at all what she was.

Attachments

• Reptar.jpeg
    Reptar.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 67
  • Cleo.jpeg
    Cleo.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 66

Landen

LSReptiles
They both look like basic hypo's tangs. Cleo looks to be older which is why her pattern appears more yellow. Also she's a jungle which shows more yellow since the bands are reduced. As Reptar ages the lavender bands will hypo out to look similar to Cleo's darker patches.

Sammerz1990

3 Year Member
They both look like basic hypo's tangs. Cleo looks to be older which is why her pattern appears more yellow. Also she's a jungle which shows more yellow since the bands are reduced. As Reptar ages the lavender bands will hypo out to look similar to Cleo's darker patches.

Thank you for the help. im currently giving Cleo a bath she had some shed stuck to her toes... and isnt to happy and she is older not sure how old. I saved her from petco. she is missing some toes due to bad shedding.

Geckomaster743

Wow! I have never tried breeding my Reptiles because caging, Cost and vet trips may get in the way as well as im afraid of losing one of my Lizards to Failed egg absorbtion, Stuck Egg, Etc. I actually had a Leopard gecko who passed away last week due to Parasites ( Im pretty sure that was the cause, The Stimulant may have given her the Allergic Reaction ).
How did you feel when your baby Hatchlings came out of there eggs?

GiggleSheep

I hear ya! All those things can be pretty costly, but if you're careful and you do your research, it's actually extremely rewarding. I haven't had any issues as far as the egg laying process (which amazes me because my female stopped eating for some reason for a whole month and became rather skinny), and I've never taken my animals to a vet (with one exception about 6 years ago). Luckily, I haven't had any parasite issues either, but like I said I'm new to breeding for the most part so I'll call my lack of problems "beginner's luck". I was actually coming home late one night to play some video games with some friends when the first egg hatched. Needless to say, I was so excited that the video games were put on hold until I calmed down a bit and let the little guy rest. There's absolutely nothing like seeing that first first hatchling. Knowing you helped create life is an amazing feeling. Sorry to hear about your leopard gecko too. I know how tough that can be.

maverickgrl79

I am a hobby breeder of cresties, I mainly deal in reds and pinstripes, and as soon as my gecko that is my avatar is ready to breed RED PINSTRIPES, sorry I am so excited about my red pin breeding program, didn't mean to yell. Anyway structure, color and being a nice calm gecko is what I breed for. They are all my pets first and breeders second. I have 3 males and 10 females right now and 31 unsexed babies right now.
man why couldnt you be closer to me lol

Visit our friends