Giant Day Geckos

Corey Tre

Hello everyone. Well today I was sitting in my room and I was just getting ready to put my geckos to bed for the night. When I got up and approached the tank I noticed my geckos breeding atop one of the plants. The female got sort of nervous and moved a bit. I left the room for about a minute to use the bathroom and when I got back she was gone and the male was attending to himself. I guess my question is whether or not I may have ruined my chance at gecko offspring. I read somewhere that the mating process is anywhere from 30 mins to 60 mins and I have no idea how long they had been mating before I scared her. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to still have babies even if they had only been breeding for 5-10 mins or so. Any general information at all would be great, thanks.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm not a day gecko expert but I certainly haven't seen my leopard geckos, gargoyle geckos or cresties take that long. It's early in the season. She may not even be ovulating yet. Hang in there and give them some time.

Aliza

Visit our friends