Hatch Racks...

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
Anyone know of any good places to buy a good/cheap (cost wise, not quality wise) hatchling rack that holds maybe around 50-60 hatchlings or more? I don't want melamine racks... too bulky and heavy. Something like a vision rack is good, cuz they are tall, slender, light metal frames, and on casters so easy to move around. With heat preferably. I have looked everywhere it seems, but only ones i can find are like $700 or more, which is not what i want to spend, lol. I was going to build one, but just can't seem to find the time, and based on the last one i built, it took forever and was such a pain, so i'm trying to avoid that whole process again if i can... lol

Thanks alot for any suggestions you may have that can point me in the right direction!

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
Wow that seems like a tiny hatchling rack. I would say that's more for colubrids. Personally I think AP racks are one of the best. We use them and love them (but you don't want melamine). Other than that I think vision would be your best bet for quality.

goReptiles

Try animal plastics. Great customer service. Pretty good prices. Nice quality racks. You just have to buy the tubs separately.

They have they're sterlite ones on sale from $325 (27 tubs)-$470 (39 tubs). The rack fits 14½Lx8Wx4¼H sterlite tubs (tub number 1752), which are the 6 quart tubs.

Shipping is additional. I think it's just $55, it may vary though. I just through one of the racks in my cart, and that's what the shipping uploaded as in paypal, so I'm not sure if that was based on my location or they just have a base price.

Last edited:

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
If you want a cost effective rack you are probably going to have to build one. their are other materials you can get even the XPVC the APs are made out of, but still consider melamine. I mean how often do you move your racks around anyway. If you do need to move them around bi-annually you can still put casters on a melamine rack.
I think any commercial rack that is fifty tubs or more is going to be a bit pricey. $4-500+

goReptiles

it was more to hold 40-50 hatchlings not necessarily tubs. but with 6 quart, it'd really need to be individual, and most hatchling racks are for 6 quart.

he said he didn't have time to build.

sometimes for convenience, it's nice to just buy.

Daidra

I own one of those racks from Reptile basics and they work great for hatchlings and juvies,also very easy to clean and it takes up alot less space.

CHAMpion

I built a rack this weekend in about 2 hours. Just take a trip out to a Lowes/Home Depot to buy the wood, I even had them cut it for me it the right lengths because it only costs $.25 a cut. Took me about an hour to put it together with a cordless drill and a few screws. Piece of cake.

dakota11

I built a rack this weekend in about 2 hours. Just take a trip out to a Lowes/Home Depot to buy the wood, I even had them cut it for me it the right lengths because it only costs $.25 a cut. Took me about an hour to put it together with a cordless drill and a few screws. Piece of cake.
hi do you have any pictures of the rack u biult?

Visit our friends