Have you ever seen your Gecko licking the calcium dish?

gmaier19

yea i have seen mine lick from the calcium dish. not too often but even couple months or so i catch them licking it. i keep calcium without d3 in their tanks all the time, and then dust their feeders with calcium that has d3 a couple times a week.

Chupes

I've only seen one of mine do it within the last year, and this was only after she had a broken leg.

ang3l3s

seen it numerous times especially when their going to lay, mind you drinking i have seen less than i have digits

Last edited:

sammer021486

seen it numerous times especially when their going to lay, mind you drinking i have seen less than i have digits

Same here with the licking it just before laying. Although the drinking I see all the time. I normally see mine drinking first thing in the morning around 6-7 and then just before I go to bed around 11-12. Those are the times that I see my geckos drinking

reptilekeeper

I see mine licking it up every morning then leaves it alone the rest of the day. And yes I still dust the worms or circkets. And I have seen her drink a couple of times.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
Yep, i see mine lick from theirs too... Only seen one of my geckos EVER drink water out of their water bowls tho. I guess cuz i'm always feeding fresh carrots to my superworms, they get most of their needed water intake from the superworms they eat..??

Deko Gecko

IMG_0069.jpg

B

BioWorkZ

I see it whenever they don't have calcium for awhile (I know, my bad). But they love it. I've seen my female raptor lick, lick, lick then it wasn't enough and she simply pounced on it with a mouthful. I had to make her drink water in case the powder was too thick in her mouth. So to answer your question, yes, I've only seen 3 of my 14 geckos use the calcium dish.

Sandyballs

I see it whenever they don't have calcium for awhile (I know, my bad). But they love it. I've seen my female raptor lick, lick, lick then it wasn't enough and she simply pounced on it with a mouthful. I had to make her drink water in case the powder was too thick in her mouth. So to answer your question, yes, I've only seen 3 of my 14 geckos use the calcium dish.

haha what a story, how did you make her drink water?

maximusx6910

I notice tracks, but whether or not they are actually licking it.. No idea. Would be nice if they did though! haha

X

xMika

Mine only lick it a few times when i hold the coca-cola bottle cap which i used as calcium dish in front of him

Jheuloh

Lost in the Jello Bowl
My gecko seems to have used his calcium dish once, in the week or so he's been with me. I make this conclusion based on the rounded marks clumped together on one end of the dish. He also walks in it, but doesn't knock anything over.

Visit our friends