Have you ever seen your Gecko licking the calcium dish?

Sandyballs

I have seen it drink water but I honestly have never seen it lick the calcium dish, have you?............by the way do you still dust if you have a calcium dish?

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
I've never witnessed it, but I see little tracks in the calcium, not sure if he is licking or just walking in it. I dust with Calcium Plus ICB.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
Calcium Plus ICB is a vitamin/mineral supplement by Allen Repashy.

Edit:
This is the stuff. T-Rex markets it as Bearded Dragon Calcium Plus, Leopard Gecko Calcium Plus, Tree Frog Calcium Plus, etc. but they are all the exact same formula.

Last edited:

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
I see mine licking out of the dish all the time, well not all the time.. but you know what I mean. And then I have one leo that throws his calcium dish all over the tank... makes a big mess >.<

Ehatcher

YEP!!

011-1.jpg

Friedbread

My older leo will not only lick from her dish, but she can differentiate between the calcium dusted mealies and the ones that aren't dusted. She will snatch up the plain ones, but she will lick the calcium-dusted ones for a while before she eats them. XD

M

Magis

I have seen both of mine lick calcium from their dishes. Normally right before and right after shedding.

SLB1989

Nope never, she walks through it.
Doesn't seem to eat her food if its dusted with it either.
I leave some in a dish just in case.

shadowdragon619

Finds me a dragon!
i've never seen my leo lick the calcium. i do think she prefers crickets dusted with calcium over them dusted with vitamins tho. she just walks in her dish and gets moss in it, lol

GeckoNub

Mine tended to lick the calcium quite a bit when i first got them but not so much now. I always dust feeders.

Im not sure if they originally wanted it because they didnt get enough in the pet store or because they came off sand and were used to licking the sand before.

I like to leave them a small dish of it in all the time so they can help themselves.....even though last time Peppa's carpet was cleaned and put back in she decided to tip the dish over and made a right mess :oops:

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I have seen just about all my geckos licking from the calcium dish. One of my females loves to lick the dish as soon as I clean the cage and mix the calcium around a bit. She will wait for me to put the dish in, get a couple licks and then take a nap.

MrLeoGecko

The bird Is The Word
i topped up my dishes last night and found lots of marks and holes in them so i think that they always eat it but there doing it while u sleep lol

Visit our friends