head shape

Stitch

Could it just be a physiological difference like humans. I mean every persons face and head are shaped differently from the next person. So could it just be some thing as simple as that?

DanTheFireman

We used to go thru shipments of hundreds of imported ones in the early - mid 90s from the same exporter ( not necessarily collected in the same localities )and there were differences in them also. Some had very broad heads with shorter snouts and some had more "delicate" features with narrower heads and elongated snouts. Never did see any drastic color differences, all dull grey/beige. One of the largest males with a huge broad head that came in bit my buddie's wife on the hand and went into the Tokay death roll and took out a good chunk.

crayolaskies

In October I recieved a male and a female who were almost the same age and I got them from the same breeder. The difference in their head shapes is very drastic. The male's head is very broad with a more blunt nose whereas the female's head is very slender with a longer snout. She also has huge eyes so she looks a bit like Kermit the frog, but that's beside the point. I think Brian is right. It might just be a genetic, physical difference between them, just like in humans.

Last edited:

Franks_Geckos

Leopard Gecko Addict
DanTheFireman said:
. One of the largest males with a huge broad head that came in bit my buddie's wife on the hand and went into the Tokay death roll and took out a good chunk.

You gotta love it when a Leo performs a Tokay Death Roll and draws blood! The biggest male I ever had, who happened to be fairly broad headed as well nailed me once when I stuck my hand in the tub too quickly to move him during a cleaning session. I learned my lesson...... after bleeding profusely for what seemed like 20 minutes. I also had a Giant Day Gecko female perform her version of the Tokay Death Roll on me.... she drew blood as well.
:shame:

Visit our friends