heating on cool side help please!

apollothegecko

on the hot side of the tank it’s usually around 89-94 degrees fahrenheit but on the cool side the wall temperature says 65. how do i get the heat up on the cool side?

Last edited:

JadedGeckos

have a warmer home.. or add a heating lamp AND a thermostat

ur gecko isnt gonna die from the cold on the cool end. it will just hang out more on the warm side. and just be at the cold end a short time or more inbetween the two

apollothegecko

have a warmer home.. or add a heating lamp AND a thermostat

ur gecko isnt gonna die from the cold on the cool end. it will just hang out more on the warm side. and just be at the cold end a short time or more inbetween the two
i thought heat lamps were bad for geckos though?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Personally I'm not a fan of heat lamps because I think it dries out the air. I don't think 65 is terrible. Ideally there's a heat gradient so even if it's 65 on the cool end, there must be some places where it's warmer than that but cooler than the max temp on the hot side.

Aliza

apollothegecko

Personally I'm not a fan of heat lamps because I think it dries out the air. I don't think 65 is terrible. Ideally there's a heat gradient so even if it's 65 on the cool end, there must be some places where it's warmer than that but cooler than the max temp on the hot side.

Aliza
ok thanks!

Visit our friends