How many Geckos do you guys have?

How Many Geckos do you guys have?

• Total voters

tolbunt5

3 Year Member
Het Raptor means that it potentially carries the genes for Tremper albino and Eclipse with line bred traits for patternless stripe and tangerine. When all of these traits combine it can create a Raptor (like my avatar) The Eclipse trait is what turns the eye a solid black color which can be complete or incomplete ("Snake Eyes") when combined with the tremper albino it turns the eye a ruby red color. There are currently so many variations of the Raptor the term is almost not even accurate in most cases (my avatar is a Reverse Stripe Raptor). There are Banded Raptors, Striped & Reverse Striped Raptors, & Jungle Raptors. There are crosses like Emerine Raptors, Snow Raptors, Diablo Blancos (Blizzard Raptors), and Embers (Murphy's Patternless Raptors). Also there are variations of the morph from the other two albino strains, the Bell albino version is called a Radar, and the Rainwater albino version is called a Typhoon.

To the OP - Your first one was most likely bred from a Raptor crossed with something else which results in a normal that shows infuence of tangerine and patternless stripe. If it were to breed true to carry the tremper and eclipse genes it could produce a Raptor.
So what morphs will I get when I breed my 2 Leos?

Gopherhockey03

Since yours is a Normal all the babies will be Normal Het for Bell albino....But i'm not sure when you throw that het for raptor in there. But when you breed a Normal with any Albino all the babies will always be Het for Albino.

Gopherhockey03

Now if you breed two Normals that are het for the same Albino then you would get 1/4... Normal 1/4...Albino 1/2... Normal het albino....

Landen

LSReptiles
Please don't breed the two. You have a bell and a het for tremper which means you'd be mixing the albino strains. You'd get all normals double het for tremper and bell which causes a big genetic mess. Don't breed unless you understand the genetics behind what your producing.

tolbunt5

3 Year Member
I would only be breeding them to give away/sell the babies as pets, not to anyone who would breed them. My friends & family would get one only for a pet. Is that still a problem?

Landen

LSReptiles
I can't tell you what to do,but in my opinion I wouldn't.

As breeders there is a certain responsibility we take to take care of the genetic gene pool we all play in/with. We've all worked hard to keep certain lines seperate so that we can tell which animals carry which genes. You may see it as your giving your friends and family members cool little pets, but what happens when someone can't keep them anymore and they are sold? How would you know they are not sold to someone that plans to breed them? In the end it's your decision, but keep in mind that most leopard gecko hobbyist don't agree with mixing the albino strains. Just my 2 cents.

Gopherhockey03

Ya if it wasn't het for raptor I would say go for it. Get another Bell female and you can be the bell lady :) And I will gladly buy from you!!! I looooove Bells!!! :)

tolbunt5

3 Year Member
Ya if it wasn't het for raptor I would say go for it. Get another Bell female and you can be the bell lady :) And I will gladly buy from you!!! I looooove Bells!!! :)
I am not a breeder. I am breeding for my enjoyment only, not to sell pure strains. I don't want to buy another female this year. I am breeding the 2 I have, just for fun, I will not sell to breeders at this time.

Gopherhockey03

ya when I made it I just put 1 but it should say 1 to 4 catch my drift? so the 1 means you have 1 2 3 or 4 Geckos. haha kinda confusing

Angi

3 Year Member
I have 3. I took the last one because it was not being cared for. My husband was not happy, so I need to find it a good home.

Gopherhockey03

I have 3. I took the last one because it was not being cared for. My husband was not happy, so I need to find it a good home.

If your looking to find a good home post in the for sale section. So you have a lot of options on whom you would like to give it to. I know we have a lot of people from CA on here so maybe you can find a person who lives near you who can take it.

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
I have 13 leos... everyone seems really concerned about breeding and genetics. All I gotta say is do your research, and be sure you can find homes for them all. Do it for the right reasons. There are ALOT of 'backyard' breeders out there (and yeah, I consider myself one.) I'm not doing it for the money, but because I love the species and I really enjoy genetics!

Sammerz1990

3 Year Member
I live in CA.... how much are you asking for it ? I will just let my BF know it was another rescue... he will understand. that is if you dont live to far from me... I live in Riverside....

Visit our friends