i bred...

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
The picture is blurry, but if those really ARE Whiteouts, not sibs and your Amel is really an Amel not a Caramel I think you're a hero in the herp world! Congrats!

Azazel

I took that photo using a blacberry without flash. I will take some better photos using dslr soon. Don't want to stress them out at the moment. They just hatched out a few hours ago. And yes their fathers are amels. If you browsed my fb account under mobile pictures, you'll see one of the males was mating with her :) :)

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
I don't think so. Was there anything special you did with incubation, anything special about the sire and dame?

Azazel

I mated the animals and incubated the eggs like I did to the rest of my animals since 2 years ago. So the answer is no. Nothing's different.

P.s. Well that's not true. I did it in Malaysia. Why don't you move here. I bet they will hatch too LOL!

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
Just out of curiosity did this female whiteout breed last year?? That would be amazing for the amel gene if it works!

Azazel

She arrived in Sept/Oct (I don't have my record with me now because I'm feeding my snakes. I can't recall the exact date) without ovulation. I ovulated her here and mated her with 2 amels. Her gestation period matched with the amels pairings whereby the first clutch of eggs were laid on Dec 16. Until now, she has been mating with the two amels countless of time.

One of my amel males have been with me since the start that he became a serial rapist LOL!

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
LOL a good breeding male is a keeper for sure! I was just curious if it was her first season to rule out the possibility of last seasons males offspring.

Azazel

Solely from my memory, she's JMG bloodline and she was a virgin when I got her. The previous keeper kept her from young and decided to let her go. I jumped on the offer and bought her. I can't tell you more than that because I bought when she's an adult. But not as a proven breeder though. And there's only one guy that can tell her whole history. And that guy is in this forum. I hope he could shed some light in the matter. :)

But there's a better way to do this. Why don't none of you try what I just did. Let me try pairing these babies first. And if I managed to hatch an amel white out or an amel super white out (if there is such a thing ;)), then you can try them out. How's that? LOL!

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
I think the reason we are asking these questions is because many of us have tried this combo, including me. And many pairings proved to be fatal or produce deformities. Im all for a amel whiteout, and hope you do have hets and it is possible. I think a amel whiteout would be awesome. But i know for a fact many many times this has been proven to not work, but maybe you have the needle in a hay stack.

Azazel

Ok so far to my knowledge, only JMG and you have tried such combo. Is there anybody else that tried and failed? I'm curious because the only thing that's different is these two things:
1. Location
2. Incubation medium

So what makes the ones in USA failed?!

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
Ok so far to my knowledge, only JMG and you have tried such combo. Is there anybody else that tried and failed? I'm curious because the only thing that's different is these two things:
1. Location
2. Incubation medium

So what makes the ones in USA failed?!

I really do not know why the ones in the US have not worked?? Neither have the amel patternless animals. I do know of a bunch of breeders whom have tried this project with no luck. If my memory serves me right JMG uses the same incubation medium as you have in your picture. And I dont hold too much weight into location, as we all have artifical habitats versus what these guys use in the wild. No doubt malaysia is different then PA or Ohio, but for some reason yours works and ours have not. Maybe it is your amels line????

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
Looks like someone found the proverbial golden goose! Hopefully everything works out with these hets will work out and prove to be the foundations to an awesome new morph. Do keep us posted and I can't wait to see some new pics!

bro paul

brightalbino.com
Congrats on those hatchlings! We tried the cross a few years ago with no success. It never made sense to me why the amels wouldn't cross...so, I'm hoping for great success for you!!

Visit our friends