I love Eclipses

Gecko Euphoria

Dude send me the bill!!! that reverse stripe is awsome the coolest looking reverse stripe i've seen and his eyes are amazing,wow if you ever sell him I want him name your price. awsome keep us updated on his progress and his first breeding outcomes.

Here are Eclipses I hatched this season that I really like

Mack Snow Eclipse het Tremper Albino
ms-eclipse.jpg

ms-eclipse1.jpg

another one
ms-eclipse2.jpg

Eclipse 66% poss het Tremper Albino
eclipse2.jpg

no eclipse eyes but from the way it looks I would classified him as an eclipse 66% poss het Tremper Albino (he has red veins in the eyes:main_rolleyes::main_thumbsup:) and some green hue
abs.jpg

Now the best... Mack Snow Reverse Stripe Eclipse het Tremper Albino.
I can see the red iris from every angle. I'm really exited about this little one! What you all think about this? Have you ever seen this kind of stuff in your Eclipses?
ms-eclipse3.jpg

ms-eclipse5.jpg

ms-eclipse4.jpg

P

PacHerp

Thank for all the comments!

This gecko came from breeding an Eclipse het Tremper Albino female and Mack Snow Tremper Albino het Eclipse male.
I said iris is red... sorry for mistake:main_rolleyes: I mean pupils are red and the iris is black. It's visible without the bright light but it's not as red though.
The gecko isn't an albino for sure. I hatched 2 Mack Snow Raptors females from low temps;)
I checked other Mack Snow Eclipse (from the same pair) and I can't see red pupil in the eyes.
Maybe it will fade away but what if not? What that can mean if the non albino gecko has red pupil?

Great thoughts there, Mateusz! I'll be awesome to see how this one develops! Keep us updated!!!

Baysidegeckos

Baysidegeckos.com
Amazing animal!

Dont know if anyone has said this, But it looks to have an Albino head and a non albino body!

Since it is a mack, i would think it would have at least a couple black spots on the head.
At least my mack eclipse do.

But i want every one else's opinion on the albino head thing. And that may be the reason it is showing the Red pupil. The head also looks translucent

What you guys think?

If you were to take your hand and cover the geckos body on the screen and leave the head showing you would think its albino

Last edited:

SaSobek

First off great looking geckos

the thing with the eyes IMO is just the way the light is hitting the inside of the eye. me and miami mike hatched out geckos this year(08) that had the same thing happen and that sometimes even with just looking at them they had that red eye thing. here is one of the babies
View attachment 19490
with age it goes away. it dose look cool in pictures. but its not an albino and its not some wierd new genetic thing (IMO) its just the way the light hits the retina there is some name for it too that i cant think of right now.
actualy in wild animals the color can differ. some people can actualy tell when they are in a car and an animal looks into the lights of the car what type of animal it is. because of the reflection the eyes give off its kinda the same thing with how Pictures of you or I, can have that red eye thing that happens.
i will try to look it up and see what its called.

there is even a diiference in some cats in the way light hits the eyes. sorry the pics arte bad.
View attachment 19492
hahah my cat trying to be a fish:main_thumbsup:
View attachment 19491

Last edited:

Mateusz Hajdas

www.ultimategeckos.com
I noticed the head is brighter than the body and had the same impression as you Bret. First gecko has also this translucent head but it hadn't that kind of eyes when it was younger...
Do you Matt or Bret or anybody else has this Mack eclipses with bright heads not dark as Matt's gecko?
I will let you know when the eyes will fade... or not:main_evilgrin::main_rolleyes::main_laugh:

SaSobek

some of the Mack eclipse/Raptor crosses do have a lighter head one way or another they usualy get some head pattern to them at some point. still a cool looking baby. it would be great if you could keep the head like that but time will tell

this guy had that patternless head to him i think he did get pattern to the head with time. cause i dont have an adult that has a patternless head from that line
View attachment 19509
this is one with the blue head that some of the eclipse have but again it usualy fades
View attachment 19510
this guy i held back for about 3 months till the white on the head faded away.
View attachment 19511
this is the "uni band" gecko as a baby still to this day the head has that wierd color to it. this year will be this first year he will be breeding back to his daughters so we will see if can be recreated.
View attachment 19512

hope that helps a bit :main_thumbsup:

Last edited:

SaSobek

here are two others that i found on a quick look in the gecko room.
both have 1 gean that they share. :main_thumbsup:

maybe there could be a white headed gecko?

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
Possibly a cool new eye mutation, its definitely something I've never seen before. Congrats on the amazing gecko!

Mateusz Hajdas

www.ultimategeckos.com
Matt thanks for the pics! I need to take pics of the heads of the animals from this project...
Is the last two are radar and eclipse het bell?
White head would be cool;)

Visit our friends