I really hate...

Keith N

You know I asked the school board at a meeting one time about switching to year round school. You would have thought I was declaring war. We met with my sons teacher before school this year and she sat right in front of us and says "we don't give homework, I feel we get the points across during the day". We left there and I immediatly went on the internet and purchased some workbooks for Jake and mandatory 1 hour homework. We also allow no t.v. at night even if it something we like we will record it and watch it later. Homework or not the boy will learn and keep learning. Education is the key to success! Just because you have had a gecko for 3 months and absolutly read zero refernce books and tried to learn everything possible doesn't make you an expert because of your little hands on experiance.

goReptiles

I agree!!!

How about those who get pissed when you tell them of potential bad things that is nothing more or less than potential reality. They get mad at you for being pessimistic and against them because you mentioned reality isn't this dandy place.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
As the mom of an 8th grader, I see this all the time. The kids at school are bad enough, but the sports parents are the worst. I'm sorry, but 13-14 year old kids are old enough to realize that they won't play if they suck. Every one of those parents thinks their kids are perfect and they baby them. Those kids have the worst attitudes I've ever seen and no respect for adults. My daughter almost quit cheerleading this year because of how the other girls act.

I grew up spoiled with most things handed to me. I got mostly A's in school without having to study and I did what I wanted on the weekends. I had a huge reality check when I moved out at 17. The bosses and bill collector's do not baby you. I'm still a bit spoiled from my dad and was from my grandma until the day she passed away, but I also know how to earn things on my own. I listen when I'm wrong and try to learn as much as I can about everything I'm interested in. I still respect my elders even when I don't want to. I have little patience for stupid and ignorant people.

I tell my daughter no all the time. She gets grounded and has to study hard or she won't get good grades. She doesn't have a cell phone. She does have an i-pod touch, but she paid for it herself. She is completely spoiled by her grandparents, but most of them are getting better. She still has attitude problems at times, but she also knows to repect adults. She hates to hear that she's wrong about something, but she will eventually listen after a little while. She's a lot like me because she always wants to learn something new.

I find it sad when I see how these parents treat their kids. It's no wonder that my daughter comes home from school and tells me about kids having sex, kids doing coke, etc. This was from 6th grade on. The parents think their kids are perfect and they don't even pay attention to what they're doing. We've become the house where friends call or come to when things are bad at home.:main_rolleyes: They all know to respect me though. So many of their parents just aren't around, fight all the time, get drunk all the time, etc. It's a really sad place that we live in now.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
You know I asked the school board at a meeting one time about switching to year round school. You would have thought I was declaring war. We met with my sons teacher before school this year and she sat right in front of us and says "we don't give homework, I feel we get the points across during the day". We left there and I immediatly went on the internet and purchased some workbooks for Jake and mandatory 1 hour homework. We also allow no t.v. at night even if it something we like we will record it and watch it later. Homework or not the boy will learn and keep learning. Education is the key to success! Just because you have had a gecko for 3 months and absolutly read zero refernce books and tried to learn everything possible doesn't make you an expert because of your little hands on experiance.

That's crazy! My daughter had 1 hour of homework every night in kindergarten. Now she has anywhere from 1 hour to 3 hours every night. Luckily she signed up for study hall so she gets a lot done there. I find it really weird when teachers don't give homework. On the rare days that my daughter doesn't have any, we make her bring home one subject to study and she also reads every night (by choice).

OhioGecko

Mod Squad Member
... well, everything, because I am basically rage shaped like a man.

Specifically and lately though, I am really hating the results of a couple generations of people who grew up in an environment where nobody ever told them they were wrong about anything.

We can't hurt dere widdle feewings, so kids are raised being told that everything that they ever choose to do or think or try is perfectly acceptable, that they can get away with anything and that they are incapable of genuine failure. It has been going on for years now and a bunch of them have turned into self entitled and absolutely to the bone ignorant adults who seem to believe that they can do no wrong and that the entire world will be handed to them without an effort, simply by virtue of being themselves.

I see it in forum posts constantly and it sickens me to think of what the future will be like when we finally run out of even the few remaining voices who promulgate hard work, striving for understanding and personal betterment.

They play soccer, finish with a tied game and everyone gets ice cream. They get seventy percent of the answers wrong on a test in school but they're still getting a B+ because nobody is allowed to fail or the parents come around and complain, they are told that they are special and important and can be or do anything... and they are never, under any circumstances, told that they just do not have the natural ability or have not put in enough work to be successful. It encourages mediocrity, it removes the repercussions of failure and rewards everyone equally regardless of their contributions. It removes from them any understanding of why effort is necessary, because everyone gets treated equally regardless. They get the same rewards for contributing nothing, so why bother?

I am sick of seeing these people who have owned one leopard gecko for three months, have written a half dozen posts about their constant problems spouting off about how good or bad someone else's practices are. And you can't tell them that they're a rampaging moron utterly devoid of any credibility who needs to shut up and learn something, because they are incapable of comprehending the enormity of the gap that exists between themselves and those people who actually know something. It just doesn't fit into their brains that they can be anything but a perfect success with no effort whatsoever, that whatever half-assed conclusion they have drawn has equal validity when set up against the hard won and thoroughly tested information produced as a result of years of work and refinement, that even when they are wrong, they can't be told that or treated as if it were the case.

... I want to shake them violently back and forth while screaming at them about their many inadequacies until they wet themselves.

If everyone listened and did the same thing then there would be no one excelling! The fact that people don't listen and follow through naturally has a cause and effect. This is a good thing and distinguishes people/breeders from each other.

I can understand how frustrating people are but it is our decision how we let people, that we may not even know, affect us.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
My daughter just came home from school and told me that one of her classmates is pregnant.:main_angry: I think absent parents bother me as much as the ones that baby their kids.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
My daughter just came home from school and told me that one of her classmates is pregnant.:main_angry: I think absent parents bother me as much as the ones that baby their kids.

Geezus... HOW old? Absent parents is a BIG problem in my neighborhood. Not because of work obligations, but because the bar has more appeal than being at home with their kids. Their 19 year old daughter had 2 kids before she was 18.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
Geezus... HOW old? Absent parents is a BIG problem in my neighborhood. Not because of work obligations, but because the bar has more appeal than being at home with their kids. Their 19 year old daughter had 2 kids before she was 18.

13 years old, 8th grade

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Wow... no excuse imo for an 8th grader to be pregnant. My son is in 8th grade, I just can't picture it.

Visit our friends