I think my gecko is going blind

gecko geek

my male albino gecko has been acting very strange lately and i noticed today when i was checking on him that his eyes are glazed over. i have moved him to a smaller cage with paper towel bedding, and the temps are 90-94 degrees. i need help.

thanks

JordanAng420

How is he acting? Is he running into the walls? Change around the furnature in his cage and see if he's able to make his way around...maybe you're mistaking the "glaze" for pus or discharge...

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
did you have light on him? they are super sensetive to it and as i researched online they may be blind or stress,

or he wants get out of tank D:

try have pictures of him.

JordanAng420

Actually, Eddie asked a good question. Do you have an albino morph and is there a light that could be causing the vision problems? Overnight blindness is usually caused by things like bad reactions to medication. I've seen a cat go blind overnight from an overdose of Baytril antibiotics. Has the gecko had shedding issues before? Any eye issues at all before this? Or was this something that you just woke up one day and it was like this?

gecko geek

the stuff on his eyes looks milky. also i cant get good pics with a 3.2 megapixle camera. i soaked him last night and it didnt help. the way he is i cant pick him up because he runs and starts shaking his tail. also i have been increasing the humidity incase the stuff on his eyes is skin.

robin

is it crusty, does it have pus, does it look flaky? maybe a more detailed description other than "i think my leopard gecko is going blind because its eye is closed and it is bumping into things"

JordanAng420

Don't give up on him yet!

He IS an albino. He is very sensitive to any light at all! When exactly are you noticing the odd behavior? Surely you must have some type of light on to be able to see that? How long has this been going on? Try covering his cage with towels or aluminum foil to keep him in the dark and it might help him tremendously. I basically rehabilitated my enigma by doing the same thing. You might want to clean out his cage too, that's quite a bit of poop.

However, if you truly are ready to give him up because of this, i'll take him if you'll ship. Think about it seriously...and PM me if you really do want to give him up. I'd be willing to try and help him.

Last edited:

Visit our friends