I'm Sorry.

KelliH

I want to say something to everyone, and I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I am very sorry that the recent threads regarding morph naming spun out of control like they did.

These types of threads are the reason that GeckoForums was created to begin with. We wanted a place to hang out and post where we did not have to subject ourselves and others to the trash. It is not worth the energy to focus on such negativity, jealousy, ego, whatever you want to call it. I am ashamed that I participated and allowed it to go on. I let my personal feelings get in the way of my moral duty to keep this website above all of that bad stuff.

I am especially sorry to Matt and Alberto, for no matter how I may feel personally about anything I should not have let that get in the way of my job here, as the owner of this site. Both threads are closed now. I have not decided whether I want to delete them or not yet. It seems pointless in a way, since everything has been said and read already.

Even though I don't particularly like it, I realize that I am one of the "leaders" (for lack of a better word) of the leopard gecko community and that some people may take what I say as the gospel and feel that they should march behind me no matter what. I have a moral obligation to be a strong force in the community. It is hard sometimes for me because there is so much more to me and my life than geckos. It is a part of my life but I have my own problems, my own heartache, my own issues that go way beyond the hobby and way beyond words posted on the internet. I know it is difficult for some that do not know me personally to understand that. It's hard for people to understand because to them, you are only about leopard geckos and not much else, you do things a certain way and act a certain way and behave a certain way for so long that people begin to assume that you always will. It rarely works that way though.

I feel I have let some people down here and for that I am deeply sorry. I am not posting this to bring attention to myself or cause any more unneccesary drama, believe me that is the last thing I want. I just wanted to express to those that care how I feel, and my regret. Thanks for reading and now can we please just get back to having fun and enjoying our animals and each other?

Ccrashca069

I personally felt the post were very informative and took it as a good read. Every person has their own opinion and believes. I am still pretty new to Leopard geckos but I listen to everyone's opinions. I feel that no one is completely wrong or completely right on certain things. Granted every person favors some opinions more then others. I am just happy that this site is here so everyone and post their ideals and talk about geckos and anything else. Thank You Kelli for allowing us to.

Respectably Submitted,

John

MSMD

Lake Effect Leos
First of all, Kelli, I want to thank you for this site. I have learned and grown so much over the short time I have been a member of geckoforums.net. It's truly been a pleasure.

Secondly, I agree with John, that the post was a good read for the most part. It was a lot of opinion, but there were a lot of very interesting ideas. Unfortunately, when things are controversial, disagreements usually arise. I like to believe that no one meant for any toes to get stepped on. I hope that we can move on and just agree to disagree. ;)

Last edited:
S

S-K

To me, sometimes, disagreement is the best form of flattery. It also helps me to read arguments/disagreements on certain subjects to help me form my own opinion.

I understand how you feelin this instance, being in a leader/role model type position. However, there's not a damb person on this website that's perfect or can even remotely claim to be.

All of you (the bigger breeders) have, no doubt, a large amount of time, money, and ultimately pride in your work. That pride is WELL deserved with some of the animals you prooduce, and the time and effort you've put in.

Kelli, you have gained a lot of respect for stepping into a public apology such as this. I was never upset over the morph threads, as I also considered them good reads. We're all just people. We'll never agree on everything =)

Here's to a good year for ALL the breeders. I'm sure you'll all produce MANY wonderful leos this year that we can argue about next January ^_~

moosassah

Kelli, I'm not a breeder & never will be. Without your site, I'd be a neglectful, ignorant leo owner. Not all opinions are good ones, but we do learn from all of them. You've got a tough job here & it doesn't go unappreciated. Thanks for Gecko Forums & all that it comes with.

PrototypeGeckos

Kelli, well said and it takes a big person to step up after something like that and say "hey I was a part in doing that and I am sorry", It was a very informative thread, and still can be used by the community up until that point that started, so I agree, leave it available. All I want to say that the apology on your part is accepted, not that you need that from me personally, but I wanted to give it to you and say I understand how emotions can get carried away and you say things your would rather not say (on both of the involved parties parts), it just happens. You both still kick butt and deserve alot of respect in my opinion!!!

Last edited:

dprince

Mod Squad Member
Kelli,

I agree with everyone else, these threads were very interesting and informative. We are all humans, and we get to have feelings and opinions. I actually thought that most people were very respectful in their posts, even if they didn't agree with what was said. I *personally* would hate to see the threads deleted, because there is much information and history that would be lost, but again - just my two cents. ;) Thanks to you and Ryan and the mods, we have this awesome place to congregate and talk about one of the things we have in common. This apology just shows how very human (and humble) you are. It's one of the things I like best about you. :D

Keep up the good work. :main_thumbsup:

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Even though I don't particularly like it, I realize that I am one of the "leaders" (for lack of a better word) of the leopard gecko community and that some people may take what I say as the gospel and feel that they should march behind me no matter what.
There is tremendous pressure and responsibility to be a 'leader', even though much of it we put on ourselves. But, even leaders are first and foremost human beings.

Although some people will blindly follow, I think that the majority of people follow the examples of those leaders whom they feel best exemplify their own beliefs and opinions, and align themselves to those they share similar ethics with.

A good leader is one that does what they feel is right and best for the community as a whole, and does not expect to make everyone happy. A good leader is one that can do everything in their power to be objective and fair. But a GREAT leader is one that looks deep inside themselves and does a self-inventory, recognizes their human shortcomings, admits them, and finds the courage and strength to rise above it. Kelli, you are a great leader.

When we participate in forums like this one, the rest only see a written aspect of a small part of who we are as it pertains to a particular topic at hand. We don't get to see beyond that... faces, expressions, voice connotations, emotions, or have the opportunity to truly communicate with one another. We are only able to have a very small glimpse of the person behind the keyboard.

We are a community here on GeckoForums. Each and every member of this community has something unique and valuable to contribute. I am proud to be a part of this great community.

Thank you Kelli, for giving us a deeper glimpse of who you are... beyond the keyboard.

dprince

Mod Squad Member
Golden Gate Geckos said:
There is tremendous pressure and responsibility to be a 'leader', even though much of it we put on ourselves. But, even leaders are first and foremost human beings.

Although some people will blindly follow, I think that the majority of people follow the examples of those leaders whom they feel best exemplify their own beliefs and opinions, and align themselves to those they share similar ethics with.

A good leader is one that does what they feel is right and best for the community as a whole, and does not expect to make everyone happy. A good leader is one that can do everything in their power to be objective and fair. But a GREAT leader is one that looks deep inside themselves and does a self-inventory, recognizes their human shortcomings, admits them, and finds the courage and strength to rise above it. Kelli, you are a great leader.

When we participate in forums like this one, the rest only see a written aspect of a small part of who we are as it pertains to a particular topic at hand. We don't get to see beyond that... faces, expressions, voice connotations, emotions, or have the opportunity to truly communicate with one another. We are only able to have a very small glimpse of the person behind the keyboard.

We are a community here on GeckoForums. Each and every member of this community has something unique and valuable to contribute. I am proud to be a part of this great community.

Thank you Kelli, for giving us a deeper glimpse of who you are... beyond the keyboard.
An excellent post, Marcia. I couldn't agree more. :D

yellermelon

Rockin the Suburbs
Well said Marcia. I have said it once and I will say it again. the people I have met, and spoke with from this web forum, are the best people I have met in many years. I hope to be friends with many of you for years to come.
I hope to meet many more in the coming years.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Golden Gate Geckos said:

So true! Thanks Kelli, for working so hard to give us such a great place to hang out and learn!

rubym

Kelli as everyone else has said this is a GREAT forum. It is like a small family and as with any family there are going to be different opinions and there will be little squables. As a person that is new to the wonderful world of geckos I find the "contraversial" dicussions informative and useful. The world of geckos can get a bit confusing but it helps alot to have imput from a wide variety of breeders ( those that have been doing it 100 years and those that are newer to it) so I can hopefully make informed choices when it comes to breeding and raising our little ones. I have found alot of good role models on here and I appreciate all the work that you guys do. Thank you Kelli and all the other "leaders" of this little family for giving us this place to come and learn.

marula

i found the posts regarding morph names really interesting...and i really think that all people has spoken with respect to the others..
in the end of the post look like the post was "against" matt or alberto..but is not true!
i respect them for they wonderful work and i respect all people that don't have the same my opinion..
this is one of the few place were is possible talking about something for grow up togheter..
in any discussion there are some "bad things" and some "good things"..is important don't cross the line
hanks for all people that are here for contribuite to build a good working/passion/hobby relationship ...thanks to everybody..to who have my same opinion and to who have a complitly different one :)

Visit our friends