Its a Snow after all...

gidferrer

Last Sept 14 i posted this gecko asking what morph he is... Well I think this answers my question.:)

9-14
3916092501_cb85c209a8_o.jpg

Today
3973202909_20a533e33f_o.jpg

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
...Annnnnd who sad they thought it was a Snow when you originally posted this...despite everyone tellin me i was wrong?? loll

:::takes a bow:::

lmao jk

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
Actually... lookin at that 2nd picture, looks like it could be a Snow Enigma... from the way the speckles are coming in, and the way that the black circles/bands on his back are lightening up and thinning out... I've seen alot of Enigmas that when born have big black spots like that, and as they age, the black in them fades, revealing a new color or look...

gidferrer

Actually... lookin at that 2nd picture, looks like it could be a Snow Enigma... from the way the speckles are coming in, and the way that the black circles/bands on his back are lightening up and thinning out... I've seen alot of Enigmas that when born have big black spots like that, and as they age, the black in them fades, revealing a new color or look...

Yeah! Its a Snow Enigma het Raptor. Good for me!:)

robin

ok so i am new the some of the new combo morphs about how can you tell he is snow?

gidferrer

parents are snow enigma x raptor.

I have not seen this kind of head pattern with my other enigma hatchlings. They tend to have bigger circular blotches compared to this little guy.

gidferrer

I think it all depends on the parents. I have an enigma with a similar head pattern as yours, but his parents does not have the snow line and his head pattern wasn't same as the one I posted here so I know its definitely not snow.

robin

he is about 3 years old now. i got him from kelli hammack (she produced him). i am not sure what his parents were. she was trying to outcross the enigmas and he came from some of her original animals she got from mark bell. i know he is possible het bell but i haven't tried to prove him out on that.

as far as i know he is just an old school normal enigma the only thing like i said he is poss het bell but he has no snow or anything in him.

Last edited:

Wandering Paddle

I would like to point out that just because a gecko inherites the snow trait from a parent doesnt mean the animal will also inherit that parents pattern.
i produced both super hypo snows with little head pattern and hypo snows with crazy head patterns this year from a ghost snow x sunglow.

based on the pics i dont think there is any definitive evidence of it being a mack snow. The fact that it was born that yellow really makes me think its not.

nevinm

Moyer's Monsters
im with robin and doug. i want to see a picture of it straight out of the egg. thats not a snow. its an enigma with out a shadow of a doubt. but i dont see a single thing to make any of us think its a snow

robin

i neither do think or do not think it is a snow. i do not know but based solely on the head patterning (in this case spots) is not a definitive way to determine that it's a snow.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
The fact that it was born that yellow really makes me think its not.
ALOT of snows are born with yellow on them, whether a little or alot, and some either keep it, or grow out of it. I have seen alot where you look at them, and almost wanna say that it is simply a High Yellow Normal leopard gecko, but it's not, and turns out to be a snow.

BalloonzForU

ALOT of snows are born with yellow on them, whether a little or alot, and some either keep it, or grow out of it. I have seen alot where you look at them, and almost wanna say that it is simply a High Yellow Normal leopard gecko, but it's not, and turns out to be a snow.

Many snows yellow up as they age, but I've not seem many at all that yellow when young. I do understand that the enigma is playing a part with how fast it's yellowing up but without a fresh out of the egg pic showing a white gecko and breeding it to prove it out, I find it premature to call it with 100% certainty a snow.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
i do not know but based solely on the head patterning (in this case spots) is not a definitive way to determine that it's a snow.
Very true!

However, alot of the traits this possesses makes me lean towards it being one. I can simply make this educated guess because i have been around alot of Mack Snow hatchlings... seen alot of them from either my own babies, or a friend of mine's hatchlings, and bred alot of Mack Snows myself. And each one that came out looked completely different than the rest. Some, like i said, looked like High Yellows, with ALOT of yellow on them, and some had NO yellow on them, and some had a speckle or 2 of yellow on them. It all just depends.

I believe there is actually another thread on this that someone else was talking about the same thing... It starts talking about GEM snows, but ends up talkin about alot of diff. snows...

I found it, lol... http://geckoforums.net/showthread.php?t=4951

Go to page 2, and read the 4th and 5th posts on that page... and there is more to follow it... Pretty much everything up till that poin is talking about gem snows, and deminate traits and all that, but not really specific on what kind of snow...

nevinm

Moyer's Monsters

no, a lot of snows are not born with yellow. thats the whole idea of mack snows, the fact that they are born white and black

nevinm

Moyer's Monsters
some line breed snows are born with yellowing in them. and that just makes them a low grade line breed snow. but gem snows, urban snows, and mack snows, are born black and white

Visit our friends