Its a Snow after all...

gidferrer

Parents: Snow enigma x Raptor= Tang enigma? I thought tangerine are line bred morphs?

Guys,

Perhaps the yellow coloring came from the Raptor parent?

goReptiles

No snow...

Yes they can get yellow on them, but they're usually not born that yellow.

Also, if one of the parents was snow, and even if the hatchling isn't snow, it can still have snow babies. I've hatched a female from a snow, it was yellow-brown color, and when bred to a very red-orange tang, she had some snow babies. Maybe it was just that one gecko, but it can happen.

I'd say this one is just an enigma.

Wandering Paddle

No snow...

Also, if one of the parents was snow, and even if the hatchling isn't snow, it can still have snow babies. I've hatched a female from a snow, it was yellow-brown color, and when bred to a very red-orange tang, she had some snow babies. Maybe it was just that one gecko, but it can happen.

:help:

eyelids

Bells Rule!
I think it's a Mack Snow based on how it appears the yellow is developing over a white background...

This gecko was proven to be a Mack Snow... She was less than two weeks old in the pic...

p1070637.jpg

It's sad that we've actually gotten to this point with the Mack Snows. Too much yellow is showing up in them now days when the morph itself is called a SNOW for a reason.

Let's be thankful for people like Jess... :main_thumbsup:

eyelids

Bells Rule!
I couldn't resist... This could become a legendary thread and yes, I wanted a piece of the action...

Btw, have you ever seen so many tail bands on a gecko? :D

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
No snow...

I think what you had was a snow that had a lot of yellow on it. One of the parents must be atleast a het (single copy mack snow) for the gene to be passed.

DarthGekko

Sin City Gecko
Base on these pictures deffo the 9-14 picture.This leo is not a Snow enigma.IMO it's a Hypo enigma.IMO the yellow is to strong to early for it to be a snow type.

I agree with Gazz. I have hatched a lot of Mack and Tug snow Enigmas and that baby is way too yellow too early. Just my opinion...

robin

well i am wondering if these high colored "snows" are what people refer to as "mack pastels"

robin

also how can you be so sure if the animals is yellow as a hatchling, that it is a snow, without test breeding the individual gecko? and if you sell these yellow snows as snows, what if they are not and but you think they are and you sell them to your customers as snows?

BalloonzForU

also how can you be so sure if the animals is yellow as a hatchling, that it is a snow, without test breeding the individual gecko? and if you sell these yellow snows as snows, what if they are not and but you think they are and you sell them to your customers as snows?

Back to the Basics, Baby!! :main_thumbsup:

Visit our friends