James Hill BAD BAD BAD

Perefalcon

Jill?????
http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/showthread.php?p=68392&posted=1#post68392

oh he got back to me...told me and i quote "Go to hell, there was nothing wrong with the gecko the. You cant see his "tail twisted" because it wasnt."

I wasn't the one who saw the twist, you people with better eyes caught that. And I hate using PMS that people send...I think it's technically unethical...but once you start pulling off the gloves like he is...well....

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
If there's nothing wrong with the gecko, then in theory he should have nothing against taking it back from you and refunding your money, or? It's a dirty thing he did. And you're right to put up the post and let others know your experiences. Everyone has the right to know. After all, he sells publicly (via his website).:main_thumbsup:

Perefalcon

Jill?????
NO, I will not return it...I don't want a refund, obviously he needs it more...and I'm not gonna send my little guy back there, the vet said it's gonna take a lot of TLC, but he should turn out fine...if he had died though I wouldn't have been to thrilled...he said he didn't garauntee live delivery under 40 degrees, I said fine, throw in an extra 40 hour pack...he threw in 3 10 hour packs....I even offered to pay for an extra 40 hour pack

ByRandom

Deliriously Random
Disgusting... He should be ashamed. What is his business name? Does he have one? Where'd you find the Gecko at? Pangea?

Just trying to remember names -- it's hard when every other person turns out to be bad.. Ugh.

Perefalcon

Jill?????
ByRandom said:
Disgusting... He should be ashamed. What is his business name? Does he have one? Where'd you find the Gecko at? Pangea?

Just trying to remember names -- it's hard when every other person turns out to be bad.. Ugh.

All that info is in my first post in this thread

Val

It's really a shame that there are so many bad people within the reptile community. I can't bring myself to buy anything from someone I don't know anymore because of all the horror stories I've heard, I'm just glad this gecko has a good home with you. If that geckos tail is not twisted then I think I should get new glasses, since they must be distorting the pictures! :wideeyed:

BalloonzForU

You can see the twist at the base of the tail in his pics, and in his first pic it seems that right where the tail starts to hide under the wood is where the middle kink is in your photo, but you can see just a hint of something in his, then his last photo chops off the tail where it all begins again. He's blaming you on wanting it shipped NOW, and that is what caused this, but he didn't have to ship either, he could have simply said NO. Have you taken pics of the heat packs yet? Make sure to take them next to a rulers so we can see the size of them.

Perefalcon

Jill?????
yeah, here's the heat packs...I finally found the camera a bit ago...I left it on the bed...had to call up rob to ask him where it was LOL

BalloonzForU

yup yup those are the 8-10 hour packs. I have tons of those. I used them for when I go to the local shows so I don't waist a 40 or 60 hour one for a 10 min ride home.

I've also used them when shipping to the south when it's somewhat cold here but too hot down say like in FL to have a full 40 or 60 hour.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Tonya, can you post the emails you've sent him and his replies here. That link doesn't work.

Yes, in the picture you can see that the tail is bent at the base, but he should have noted the kinked tail in the ad or at least told you before you bought him. It is the sellers responsibility to disclose anything about the animals for sale. Some people do make honest mistakes, like not noticing small imperfections, but that Geckos tail is a mess. He should be ashamed of himself for selling that gecko like that without telling you.

Don't even get me started on the heat packs. :main_angry: Some people should not have animals at all.

Perefalcon

Jill?????
yeah pangea mods deleted that thread, I guess it's against their TOS to warn others that may make the same mistakes

Just to add to this, I didn't think much of it, but I was just told that it was a very bad idea...he shipped the poor guy in very wet moss...

Last edited:

Valley Reptiles

Perefalcon said:
http://www.geckoforums.net/showthread.php?p=49770#post49770

There's the link so I don't have to repeat everything. This person goes by firecrested on Pangea Forums

www.freewebs.com/thevalleyreptiles is his website.

Just to let everyone have a heads up. He offers to-good-to-be-true prices on many of his herps.

I just got verified to post so I will clear everything up.

I offer lower prices on the animals i sell because it's hard to compete with so many people selling if you dont have good prices, and when i do have them available it's not many.

Visit our friends