James Hill BAD BAD BAD

BalloonzForU

Jeremy Letkey said:
James, I think that you are getting the point but I am not quite certain. All I can do is tell you how I would have handled this situation.

I would not have responded on the forums at all. I would have made direct contact with the customer and made amends. Regardless of the condition of the gecko before it left my care. I would have offered a replacement or refund. The animal is my responsibility until the customer accepts it.

Tonya, I think it was in poor judgement to go public as quickly as you did. Did you try to make direct contact with the seller prior to the public posts? It is my opinion that the seller should be given adequate time to work the problem out with the customer.

I'll say that I have had a few mishaps that were my fault. I'd like to think that no one but myself and my customers will ever know about them. Why, because I admitted my mistakes and rectified them to the customers satisfaction. Your reputation is the most valuable asset in this hobby.

I agree with everything Jeremy said.

Perefalcon

Jill?????
Jeremy Letkey said:
James, I think that you are getting the point but I am not quite certain. All I can do is tell you how I would have handled this situation.

I would not have responded on the forums at all. I would have made direct contact with the customer and made amends. Regardless of the condition of the gecko before it left my care. I would have offered a replacement or refund. The animal is my responsibility until the customer accepts it.

Tonya, I think it was in poor judgement to go public as quickly as you did. Did you try to make direct contact with the seller prior to the public posts? It is my opinion that the seller should be given adequate time to work the problem out with the customer.

I'll say that I have had a few mishaps that were my fault. I'd like to think that no one but myself and my customers will ever know about them. Why, because I admitted my mistakes and rectified them to the customers satisfaction. Your reputation is the most valuable asset in this hobby.

granted I did go public with it a little fast, but yes I did PM him prior to putting up the thread.....I was just very upset with it...this being my first happening of this.

As to me wanting him to ship the 23rd or 24th, I told him I wanted him shipped on that day a week beforehand. There was ample time to find adequate heat packs. I even offered to pay extra to make sure there were at least 2 40 hour packs in the box with him. He never said anything about not having the heat packs...if he had I would have told him to hold off on shipping

Last edited:

Visit our friends