Leo bites ?

Have you been bitten by a leo ?

• Yep and it hurts . . . thought it was going to take my finger off !

Votes: 20 7.5%
  • Yea but it doesnt hurt much

Votes: 166 62.2%
  • No - My leos would never do that to me !

Votes: 81 30.3%

• Total voters

im faster

Should Slow Down
Havent the slightest.. i got a new tank for a few of my females.. instead of tubs..

he was with one.. i grabbed her she was fine..

i went to grab him and he ran around i picked him up and he bit me..

i just tried a few mins ago and he was being very aggresive again..

JoshS

I got bit by mine twice, it never hurt and he usually acts like he is sorry after wards XD.

Carmella

I've been bite, doesnt hurt. As many Leos as I handle, you get one or two that have an "attitude". Most I come across are males or leos im sexing that dont like me holding them the way I do to sex them.

enigmachine

Hello folks new here, but yes, my friend gave my wife and I a fairly young Leopard Gecko, about 6 inches from head to tail.

Anyhow, after we fed him some crickets today (as he appears to like those more than meal worms or super worms). Anyhow about 15 minutes later after DK was (our gecko is named DK) - I slowly reached my hand into the dry hide on the under heated side of his tank, I was very deliberate and came from his front side. I watched through the glass as the skin under his chin (I am not able to sex him yet, so he may be a she) - was vibrating or moving quickly. The next thing I know the little bugger bit me.

It didn't hurt, but I was astonished at how quick his attack was. A single strike.

I probably shouldn't have done that yet, as he has not really been handled much. I'm still learning a great deal about these little guys. (He doesn't like being handled yet, so I am giving him time before we try to tame him a bit).

His strike was unbelievably fast. It was frighteningly humorous.

XgodzillaX

I have been biten by many things and I would say in comparison it doesn't hurt much. The only reason my leos would bite is on accident thinking I'm a worm.

EnigmaEcho

Neo Starpphire Enigma
i was bitten by a store gecko ( one of many miss treated and angry animals there) he bit down with full force on my finger nail- i was very surprised at the streangth.
ive only been bitten once my my gecko sophie, and it was an accident- her vision is poor, and when she went to grab a mealie ( i foolishly was holding) she bit me- very lightly, it didnt hurt, but it scared her and now, if she is upset at me, she just smacks me with the side of her face.

Chainsawsurgery

Bitey bitey

I've been bitten by both my girls, first time when I went and bought them, Princess/Bolt was worried (she is the panickiest animal I've ever met) and bit me. It didnt hurt terribly, but was more of a surprise, and she held on. It left a make that lasted a few hours.
Her bites are always quite hard, a lot harder than Nuts anyways.
nut has bitten me also, but her bites aren't really malicious they are more like "can you stop that please!" and after all they only have their mouths to tell you this with, I tink cos she appears to trust me, they are less forceful.

Also been nipped at by my boyfriends larger male leo, Apple. I was helping him shed, unwantedly.

:) Rosie

metal-otaku

metal's my trade
my leo, bit me for the first time the other day, he's recently started hunting the pliers i use to put food in his tank, instead of the actual bugs. well his jumping at them when i put them in caused me to drop the bug on a place besides his flat plastic feeding spot. i went to pick it up before he got it and he didn't even go for it. he jumped up and bit my thumb. i screamed in shock and scared my bf in the bathroom shaving. but it didn't hurt just freaked me out. he's put his open mouth on my fingers before and then looked at me like should i or shouldn't i. and then pulls away slowly and closes his mouth.

Kolkri

This is my Pumpkin
My hubby and I were talking about Pumpkin and the lack of time we spend with her. I have never tamed her. She is little over two years old now.
But after reading all this I am once again scared to. How many of you have been bit while trying to "tame" an older female gecko?

marauderhex

Don't worry. Even if she does bite (which is exceedingly rare), it doesn't hurt. I've been bitten by most of my geckos, including leos, goldens, cresties, and even (especially) my tokay. A leo bite has nothing on a tokay bite, and even that isn't horrible.

Kolkri

This is my Pumpkin
Yesterday I put my hand in the tank and she is a lot calmer then I thought she would be. Let me touch her head.
So maybe I have tamed her some already just by taking good care of her.

Geckos4Life<3

I was bitten by my first Leo... But I'm quite on the small side, and I was using a ladder to reach the top tub and when I was carrying her down the step ladder she bit me. It was quite sore an ive never been bit by an adult again. Although, I've been bitten lots by little hatchlings and it doesn't hurt one bit... It tickles ;D and it's so cute hahaha! Last night I was not by a hatchling chasing little hatchling locusts - she bites everything that moves when she's in her feeding mode lol... She missed the locust and bit the lid I use for her water and so I moved it and she bit my finger!! Lol!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Don't worry. Even if she does bite (which is exceedingly rare), it doesn't hurt. I've been bitten by most of my geckos, including leos, goldens, cresties, and even (especially) my tokay.
Although it is rare, trust me... if your leo is serious about biting you, it WILL hurt, and bleed like crazy. I took 7 stitches at the base of my thumb from a leo bite.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Actually, I've been bitten where it drew blood about a half-dozen times, but this incident was when I was trying to wash the poop off of one of my males in the sink, and he chomped down at the base of my thumb and did alligator rolls for what seemed like over a minute! When he finally let go, I could see my knuckle bone poking up through all the torn flesh and blood. I called my husband to come look, and asked him if he thought I needed stitches... he turned white and said, "Ummm, y-y-yes". LOL!

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
There's been many "bloody bites" posted in the past years. I remember quite a few :main_yes: Either getting mistaken for a worm or accidentally holding two males without washing your hands, it happens.. but.. it doesn't really hurt.

Except for Marcia's story, that sounds rather painful!

If you search for "bloody" on these forums, I'm sure you'll bring up everybody's stories :)

Kolkri

This is my Pumpkin
Hmm ok maybe Pumpkin is just fine untamed. Being dietetic bleeding is not a good idea.

Visit our friends