local feeder breeder wont

bigcat

A local feeder breeder will not let me pick the feeders up at there location witch is only 20 min away. they want to fex ex me the feeder and it cost more that 2 as much as the are selling the feeders. they have a great price on all the feeders like 14$ for a 1000 gaint mealworms but to ship it only like 15 miles it is 38 dollers and somthing cents. well i desided not to order from them because they dont have the best price with the shiping. grrr grrrr. :( and i finally got tired of paying 3 dollers for 24 gaint mealworms and 10$ for a 100 crickets at the local pet stores and i got the wost deal of all last week i bought 50 crickets for 7.50 and got them home and they were all dead so i had to drive back and got 50 more crickets from a store that is an 1hour away so that was 4 hours out of my time i could be doing somthing else. sorry every one i just had to get that off my chest

Last edited by a moderator:

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I don't let people come to my house, so I understand that (safety). I will however drive to meet people and I think it's weird that they wouldn't do that for you.

fl_orchidslave

The best thing to do is breed your own feeders if you were looking at buying a quantity. There is no place local to us that we can get even emergency feeders- 3 pet shops in town. Who has time to deal with bought dead feeders, returning for a refund, looking for another store....if they even have anything. I will usually pick up an extra 1000 at a show just because they're available and a small qty of crix, 100. That assures me that my kids will always have plenty of worms, plus I sell off a couple boxes of 200 cheap to friends in our herp society every month.

thegeckoguy23

That stinks i would recomend buying from Imperal geckos on this forum also i well be getting my 500 super worms on monday or tuesday from grubco i well let you know how it gos.

Jake

bigcat

1st that what I was thinking. 2nd they said they had a ware house however you spell it. And I understand safety to I don’t want anyone coming to my house. I would rather meet in a local place like Wal-Mart or something. And I do have a small mealworm farm I started but my Leos would eat all that I have in like 2 weeks. And the nearest show is like 2 1/2 hours away. I order 1000 giant mealworms today for 30 including shipping. but still you think they would/could save on some hassle with shipping it would be quick and simple. And there wouldn’t be any worry about feeder arriving dead

bigcat

and if they would have just did that one thing i would have been buying them for a long time but they just lost money. and do gaint mealworms ever breed?

gixxer3420

I understand them not allowing people to go to their house. I dont let people come to my house but I will meet them at a gas station or local store.

bigcat

thanks wasnt sure and i agree with that but they are a store they should be more than willing to offer a tour of there bilding and show how they do things to get more people to buy from them i have lived here my whole life and up thill a 3 days ago i didnt know they were here

Visit our friends